Like Tree5Likes

DDoS Attack Status...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    all for US $300????
    wow...talk about big dreamers.

now i'm off to terrorize Amazon.com for $25K Yen. I'm gonna be RICH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps it was a dry run in preparation of targeting a bigger (richer) site. Perhaps the attackers/extortionists were going to milk the site bit by bit as some extortionists do.

Perhaps it was a dry run in preparation of targeting a bigger (richer) site. Perhaps the attackers/extortionists were going to milk the site bit by bit as some extortionists do.
    It is a little bit of everything.

- Could be testing their botnet (doubt it)
    - From security blogs, if you pay them, they will come back with a monthly protection fee.
    - Also from security blogs, if you pay them, they'll give you a discount to take out your competitors....

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It is a little bit of everything.
    - From security blogs, if you pay them, they will come back with a monthly protection fee.
    - Also from security blogs, if you pay them, they'll give you a discount to take out your competitors....
    Thousand-year-old racket. Modern medium.

Thanks Shri for sharing this info, hope GEO team wins if hadn't already.
    I hope my laptop isn't being used as one of the bots. I'll go home and follow what huja advised, thanks huja.

I am fairly confident that my machine and the server at work are clean, but will run those scans as a precaution. I will definitely scan my computer at home this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I hope my laptop isn't being used as one of the bots. I'll go home and follow what huja advised, thanks huja.
    Yep - I hope mines not one either! While I'm fairly confident about my mac, my (not often used or even looked at) pc is another matter entirely!

Tested my computer (Mac using WinXP) using Shri's software, beyond a couple of cookies in there there was nothing untoward. As I normally use MacOS I'm feeling happier, except when certain websites are prone to crashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by fth:
    Tested my computer (Mac using WinXP) using Shri's software, beyond a couple of cookies in there there was nothing untoward. As I normally use MacOS I'm feeling happier, except when certain websites are prone to crashing out.
    N.B. No one single software will catch everything. That's why I run several things.

You will probably get approached now by security firms. Be very wary of them as they are probably the perpetrators.

Still running at a sustained 190-250mbps ....