Like Tree9Likes

Upgrade Completed - Almost

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

its fixed on safari...

BUT...the "mark forums read" link on right side of page under the box of latest posts is broken...always giving me invalid token error. however if i go to main forum page the link at bottom of page works fine to mark them read.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/s...rchid=15742869

And with ABP switched off as well.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15
    Hey PDLM,

We're pretty sure there is something being cached on your end as we have changed the login/welcome bar for a whole week now (there should be "Edit Profile | View Profile" links instead — see my screenshot; also your name should not be a link / should not be underlined).

Try a full refresh/reload (Ctrl + F5 or Ctrlcommand+Shift+R) and see what happens?

I clear my cache entirely on a daily basis. I tried testing with IE6, but you have chosen to make the site not compatible with IE6, so that didn't work in many ways (although it still had a single PDLM link, not the split Edit/View links).

I also cleared all *Geo* cookies (which I normally have set to keep) and relogged in and it's still the same.

Before I spend hours on this, could any other standard user who is using Firefox confirm whether they are seeing the single "Linked Alias" or the split "Edit Profile | View Profile" links? Thanks.

Last edited by PDLM; 21-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.

I see the split.

I, too, see the 'edit' and 'view' links.

Thanks Bookblogger & Dreadnought.

I've just done a simple test which shows that this is nothing to do with my software:

I registered a new account (PDLMTest) and logged in. Everything looked as others have described it.
    I logged out and relogged in as PDLM and I am back to the broken view.
    See attached screenshots.

Conclusion: the user account PDLM has been put in some sort of "special" user class for which the stylesheets have not been updated.

Geotommy / Shri?

Does that mean you now have five accounts here? Mods!

GeoTommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Conclusion: the user account PDLM has been put in some sort of "special" user class for which the stylesheets have not been updated.

Geotommy / Shri?
    You are correct, we searched through some of our oldest members (signed up before July 2005) and somehow you are the only one using an older stylesheet. (Still not sure how that could have happened as that is a global setting for all user classes).

But anyway, refresh now, everything should be okay.

Yes - that's fixed it. Thanks very much! Feel free to delete the account PDLMTest if you wish.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8