Mobile Forums Updated

Closed Thread

Mobile Forums Updated

Cleaned up the mobile detection code and improved the mobile version of the forums.

Visit http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/ with your mobile browser.

Currently tested with Nokia/S60 and the Opera Mobile browsers.

Not happy with the Opera browser (but I think that is a problem with the browser .. and not the site).

Last edited by KnowItAll; 13-04-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks a lot - works great! I use Opera Mini on a Treo 650.

Anything we can do to keep the users addicted.

Would appreciate a note from any blackberry users out there.

Let me know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Cleaned up the mobile detection code and improved the mobile version of the forums.

Visit http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/ with your mobile browser.

Currently tested with Nokia/S60 and the Opera Mobile browsers.

Not happy with the Opera browser (but I think that is a problem with the browser .. and not the site).
    yeah yeah, pass the blame...

Other sites with the same forum system works Ok.

BTW can this site be viewed threaded? I think it would be good for those times when you join a long thread and want to reply to something written say 30 posts before the latest post.

hk.com -- was not happy with the fonts and general rendering .. just did not look clean.

One of the things I'm playing with is -- showing the last post on the thread first with a reply form, if you just want to reply to the last post.. that and a couple of other things, now that I have a mobile browser and plan on doing admin work over the phone.

The only thing that didn't work well before was go to the last post in a thread, and it is still the same.

Also numbers for the index of pages not needed at the top, the bottom one is enough.

On the index itself please put a (x) being the number of replies.

BTW access from Shenzen and Shang Hai and other places is not good, the site was not accessible at all.

If you or anyone needs a good data center in China with excellent connectivity, with double links (double IP) to both China (north) and CNC (south) networks let me know. I am arranging for about 50 x Dell 2950 collocated servers with 100Mbit per rack and have some for dedicated colo rental.

OK, I logged into Geo by using my Blackberry.

I was able to read my pm's but not respond and I was unable to open any threads. Only the topics and categories showed up but I could not open any.

When I logged out, my name still showed up on this site 15 minutes later......wonder if I was paying for that 15 mniute online time to CSL?

A few days ago the posting times have stopped showing up when threads are viewed my Treo 650 running Opera Mini.