Like Tree4Likes

Cathay Pacific's Social Marketing Agency?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

>> Cathay has probably outsourced to some marketing firm, so they're probably not even aware that this is happening.

Plausible deniablity is an issue. Most companies will have some very strict rules (atleast a brand owner like CX should) about how the word is spread.I know we do.

Football16 likes this.

It will be run through an agency somewhere in HK.

Anyway here is an article that gives the marketing managers name.

Marketing, Cathay's pushes network via video comp, HONG KONG, ONLINE ADVERTISING, Public relations, Twitter, Facebook, | Market-interactive.com

Universal Mccan is also the Digital agency but might be best going through the Cathay.

Thanks. Will dig through it when I'm back in HK.

From where I stand, the ball is in their court.

Don't think McCann would be spamming. The people we've dealt with there can speak decent English. This one is all too similar to the agency that Vodafone Smartone used a few months ago to bad mouth CSL and Three.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't think McCann would be spamming. The people we've dealt with there can speak decent English. This one is all too similar to the agency that Vodafone Smartone used a few months ago to bad mouth CSL and Three.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. This would be farmed out anyway to another company. The agency wouldn't do it themselves directly and get some plebe to do it.

It isn't my company.

I think

virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    It isn't my company.

I think
    Your company is the lowest of the low by looking at some of your other comments!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Your company is the lowest of the low by looking at some of your other comments!
    I cannot confirm or deny.

oh - I see - it was a contest on Facebook. I missed it. I only visit the Cathay website (several times a week, to book flights or check in etc) and use Facebook for chatting with friends (real people I actually know) or posting photos of my holidays so relatives in Australia and UK can see them. No wonder I missed Cathay's attempt to muscle in on the 'fun' side of my life with their bl()()dy marketing!