Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoob
  • 2 Post By MovingIn07

Is there any way of searching for a closed thread?

Closed Thread

Is there any way of searching for a closed thread?

That is - JUST look at closed threads?

Often the more interesting ones get closed while I'm not looking and then they seem to vanish from the sidebar (which is where I look for threads) - so it would be nice just to be able to search for the closed ones. Is there any way to do it now?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    That is - JUST look at closed threads?

Often the more interesting ones get closed while I'm not looking and then they seem to vanish from the sidebar (which is where I look for threads) - so it would be nice just to be able to search for the closed ones. Is there any way to do it now?
    I would doubt it, unless there is a way to find in cache/history from someone who had viewed the thread?

Perhaps we should form a secret Geo resistance group where members regularly save potentially closable threads!
    MovingIn07 likes this.

The closed threads are not that hard to find with some pointers but the deleted threads are the really good ones...they get wiped out pretty quickly.

The last drama "Signs someone is in a TRIAD" is still sitting in Google's memory but as it has been deleted it will disappear quite soon...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    The closed threads are not that hard to find with some pointers but the deleted threads are the really good ones...they get wiped out pretty quickly.

The last drama "Signs someone is in a TRIAD" is still sitting in Google's memory but as it has been deleted it will disappear quite soon...
    It turns up in a google search but no way to get to a cached copy of the page which is a shame.

EDIT - I found this site: http://www.cachedpages.com/

It worked. brilliant thread - certainly worth the 5 minutes effort of finding it. Now I see who the duelling parties were, the other comments all make sense!
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 15-04-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Stoob and Lootoo like this.