Geoexpats Great

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Geoexpats Great

To All,

After yesterdays tragic news it got me thinking about what Geoexpat means to me.......
    Being a newbie in HK is great but sometimes, in the middle of such a busy city, I sit back & find myself feeling quite lonely. I know I am not the only one who feels like this..
    Knowing I can log in to Geoexpat makes me feel like I have a whole host of new friends, always there to answer questions, help out & give me a good giggle at the sometimes mindless banter taking place at any time of the day.
    So far I haven't met any of you, but I feel like I know you all from here & sometimes that is very comforting. THANKYOU - what a great site!!!

Great thread

Yes I'm the same as you, I have been on this site a while now and have made some very good friends through this site and theres always a sense of community spirit going on which you don't seem to get in other places.

I have met some good people from here too as well as got involved with Football for Life as a volunteer coach. What impresses me too is that the tone of the discussions is positive and the information you find on here is usually highly helpful. The tragic news about Eric makes you realize how connected we are even in small ways like this site.

A few weeks back I got a text message from KIA about the gathering at Bulldogs. I jumped on the boat and made it where I might simply have stayed working at the office. It was a great night and good to put more faces to names.

Cara,

We're in the process of planning for a ladies' nite dinner in early Jul. And hopefully, you'll meet more friends there. I'm assuming that you're a lady. Yes, I understand what you mean. It can be hard being alone in a foreign land.

Sunniefaith,

Yes, I am female - not sure about being a lady

Don't get me wrong, I have made friends here & I have my fiance here but the friends all work & my bf works away alot. Its just nice to have this site for the times when I feel a bit on my own..

Dinner sounds good, although in July I will have to return to the UK - visa running out, but the beginning of the month should be fine.

I was about to post the same, after yesterday's tragic incident, I feel life is unpredictable so say what you feel before its too late..

So thanks everyone for all the help, and making this place so friendly and liveable. thanks for everything.

Don't get me wrong, I have made friends here & I have my fiance here but the friends all work & my bf works away alot. Its just nice to have this site for the times when I feel a bit on my own..
    Does your fiance know about the boyfriend?

Stoob,

You are too funny...

Just too lazy to kep typing f i a n c e - when I can put bf...

What was yesterdays tragic incident?

Go to post about missing man in Stanley...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast