Like Tree29Likes

Silent deleting

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What happened to the thread B&O wall stand required?

I composed a reply , posted it to be told the thread had disopeared.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    GeoSteve, that doesnt compute

When a post goes into moderation, the poster (me) usually gets a notification and the post wont show until its approved.
    In my case, there was no moderation message and the post showed immediately....there must be a bug somewhere...

Speaking of bugs : has anyone noticed that lately more and more threads are showing that another page is available but when you try to go to the next page, it just redisplays the current page. I know why it happens (someone is composing a reply) but for some reason its been a lot more noticeable lately...
    I have noticed same, too lately. The thread shows that there is a further page, but it just goes back to the previous page and will not open that ' last page.'

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    I just checked and at first there was nothing to show any deletions had happened.
    For some reason the 2 posts, one from Grunt and the other from Howard went into moderation awaiting approval. As you can see they are now approved. I don't know why this happened as I have just woke up and not had my morning coffee yet
    I just tried to post a link to Geo Happy Hour in the Ladies Night thread (since Zee-Z apparently doesn't know how to do that) and it's gone to moderation!

What on earth is going on? Whatever new algorithms you've put in there clearly need some work...

Firstly, I can see no reason why links within Geoexpat would ever be cause for moderation.
    Secondly, don't you have a list of (more or less) trusted users who can post links anyway?
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 02-12-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I have noticed same, too lately. The thread shows that there is a further page, but it just goes back to the previous page and will not open that ' last page.'
    I am getting the phantom last page nearly every day on one thread or another

I think there's a huge amount more auto-moderating going on now, but the "total post count" in threads is still being incremented before they are approved. As well as the count not being decremented when posts are deleted. This should be a pretty simple bug to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I just tried to post a link to Geo Happy Hour in the Ladies Night thread (since Zee-Z apparently doesn't know how to do that) and it's gone to moderation!

What on earth is going on? Whatever new algorithms you've put in there clearly need some work...

Firstly, I can see no reason why links within Geoexpat would ever be cause for moderation.
    Secondly, don't you have a list of (more or less) trusted users who can post links anyway?
    Do you honestly believe you woukd be on that list. Apart from immigration links.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    iliketurtles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:

Whenever I need a definition for self-importance, I just need to think of Gruntfuttock (or any of his former aliases)
    iliketurtles likes this.

I have just had a post deleted from 14th Nov when I pointed out there is no such thing as one drink in happy hour, and another asking if the first round next Thur was on geo.

Both pretty innocuous and inoffensive comments but were " cleaned up" as the notification said.

Beginning to think that this new moderation is getting way out of order.

CWB ... was a general clean up that I asked GeoSteve to do on the thread to keep random editorial comments out ( not yours... but a response to yours ...)

Your first and second drinks are on my or GS's tab

I just had 4 posts deleted too.
    Getting annoying