Like Tree29Likes

Silent deleting

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Silent deleting

Please would you clarify the policy on deleting (& editing) posts?

In the past I was under the impression that if the "authorities" edited or deleted a post then I got a PM notifying me, but recently (most recently in this thread) I've had posts simply disappearing with no notification. I really don't like this (more especially if there is editing without notification going on) because it leaves the possibility of things being in my name which are not what I said at all.

So what's the deal?

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 30-11-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Grunt

Looks like the whole threads gone, doesn't take you to a particular thread if you click on it.

My mistake - I chopped the l off .html when copying. It's fixed now. The thread's still there.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 01-12-2013 at 12:01 AM.

And that thread is in my "participated" list on the mobile app, so I'm not just imagining that I posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Please would you clarify the policy on deleting (& editing) posts?

In the past I was under the impression that if the "authorities" edited or deleted a post then I got a PM notifying me, but recently (most recently in this thread) I've had posts simply disappearing with no notification. I really don't like this (more especially if there is editing without notification going on) because it leaves the possibility of things being in my name which are not what I said at all.

So what's the deal?

It's preparation for the real handover...in 2047.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    And that thread is in my "participated" list on the mobile app, so I'm not just imagining that I posted there.
    me2 - one of my posts on that thread also vanished without a peep

I just checked and at first there was nothing to show any deletions had happened.
    For some reason the 2 posts, one from Grunt and the other from Howard went into moderation awaiting approval. As you can see they are now approved. I don't know why this happened as I have just woke up and not had my morning coffee yet

GeoSteve, that doesnt compute

When a post goes into moderation, the poster (me) usually gets a notification and the post wont show until its approved.
    In my case, there was no moderation message and the post showed immediately....there must be a bug somewhere...

Speaking of bugs : has anyone noticed that lately more and more threads are showing that another page is available but when you try to go to the next page, it just redisplays the current page. I know why it happens (someone is composing a reply) but for some reason its been a lot more noticeable lately...

Gruntfuttock likes this.

Also, as an aside : Why would my (and grunt) little message get thrown into moderation queue? No links in either one, we are not posting too fast, we are both old users (not spammer) etc etc.

Is something awry in the moderation selection?

Gruntfuttock likes this.

>> Is something awry in the moderation selection?

HAL has determined that your post does not compute.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast