Bug - Japanese forums appearing in the HK site

Closed Thread

Bug - Japanese forums appearing in the HK site

Why have threads from the Japanese forums suddenly started appearing in the HK Forums' "More New Topics" list? It's quite confusing given that I don't think many people bother to look to see which sub-forum a thread is actually in before replying.

Edit - I say "suddenly started appearing", but it may of course be that the Japanese forums only get a few posts a year, so maybe it's always been like that.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 03-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.

So now instead they have to spend time deleting replies which are confused, or simply wrong...

I don't think it's particularly a bad thing. Quite a few topics are generic and not HK or TK specific, so why shouldn't all geo members get to see those threads and post on them.

Yes - no problem with the "Global Conversations", "Tech & Gadgets" and, maybe, the "Business & Finance" forums being visible both in the Hong Kong and the Tokyo views.

But I think it's just confusing to have the "Tokyo Accommodation" and the "Japan Immigration & Visas" forums, for example, coming up as part of the Hong Kong view.

And I seem to have a Japanese flag on the top of the screen rather than the normal HK one, which does smack more of a bug than a feature!

Not a bug. Just hover over the flag with your mouse and you will get a choice of which flag you want to go with.

And another aspect of this bug (yes, it's a bug) is that the threads with recent replies in the Tokyo forums refuse to disappear from the "More New Threads" screen, even when I do a "Mark all Forums Read". Forcing me to open each thread individually (and in the browser not the app) is annoying to say the least.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 03-03-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    And another aspect of this bug (yes, it's a bug) is that the threads with recent replies in the Tokyo forums refuse to disappear from the "More New Threads" screen, even when I do a "Mark all Forums Read". Forcing me to open each thread individually (and in the browser not the app) is annoying to say the least.
    Agree. I'm using android and they just keep reappearing even after I've opened them to get them off the latest post list.

Can we have an option to unsubscribe from any japan threads?