Like Tree26Likes

About the banning policy...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

About the banning policy...

So I got banned yet again...for no apparent reason other than expressing an opinion that others disagree with. Why is that? You see, I tried to follow the rules here and report abusive and off-topic posts, but instead, its me who got banned, while the baiters and trolls are let off scot-free, time and again. Why is that? I can never get an answer from the editor or Shri about this. They told me to report abusive posts and I did. But nothing ever gets done about them. Meanwhile, if I was to retaliate in kind to those usual suspect posts, my posts get deleted immediately. But the baiters seem to enjoy the editor's blessing.

Why is there this double-standard? Why? Am I so...unpopular that the editor is ignoring geoexpat's own rules and tolerate blatant baiting against me so long as it is against me? What have I done that has so offended the editor and Shri? Why is it ok for the usual suspects to bait me, but not ok for me to respond?

Its ridiculous and absurd. They accuse me of intentionally stirring up arguments and making stuff up from thin-air. That is pure nonsense. I am only expressing my opinion. I don't see why that that needs to be banned.

Look, if my existence here is solely to sow discord and unpleasantness, why on earth would any poster agree with any posts I make? There are many posters who agree with me since I am here. If all my posts are just here to stir arguments, why would anyone give a "like" to my posts?

Besides, I don't see the usual suspects get banned when they bait and troll me time and again. Even if that is against geoexpat's rules. But apparently the editor thinks that kind of behaviour by the usual suspects is ok and I'm not? I insult posters far less than the usual suspects here. Nor do I ever start baiting and trolling other posters (I only do it in retaliation). But I am the person who ended up getting banned?

But no, instead, the editor condones the cyberbullying against me,in hopes that it will drive me away? Sorry, that is not going to work. I take on bullies. If I get banned again because the editor doesen't like me, fine, I will just come back with another name. And if I get banned again, I will come back again. Why? I can't stand bullying.

I mind my own business when I post here and I don't look for arguments, I am just expressing my views. And I will not be the one who starts throwing insults or baiting others.

But if you really want me to go away, I can do that. How? Stop the cyberbullying against me. Stop the baiting and the trolling. If you do that, I'll go away. Let's say in the next 20 posts I make, if I don't get the usual baiting and trolling from those usual suspects, I will leave geoexpat for a while. But given past history and my repeated protests, I'm not holding my breath for that.

Last edited by Cho-man; 14-04-2015 at 11:29 AM.

I can't decide if I should waste my breath (and fingers) typing up a sincere response or if I should just ignore....

I cant decide if you genuinely dont understand what you are doing or you are just playing up the "I'm innocent" for sympathies...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I can't decide if I should waste my breath (and fingers) typing up a sincere response or if I should just ignore....

I cant decide if you genuinely dont understand what you are doing or you are just playing up the "I'm innocent" for sympathies...
    If you ever were sincere, you would have made a sincere reply by now without the usual insults or trolling...

But you just proved my point, you just can't let go of your baiting and trolling against me...that is why I will always be here...in one form or another.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 14-04-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    So I got banned yet again...for no apparent reason other than expressing an opinion that others disagree with.
    without getting into the content of your post - you sure don't seem to be banned.

He's back Woohooo
    @Bob Loblaw, Cho-Man gets temporary banned like time out for kids so that his blood pressure levels can go down a bit

Mat likes this.

Where do you think you fit into this escalation ladder?

Are you completely innocent of trolling and baiting?

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    He's back Woohooo
    @Bob Loblaw, Cho-Man gets temporary banned like time out for kids so that his blood pressure levels can go down a bit
    Well actually (and I'm being serious now), I may be leaving geoexpat in the not-too-distant future. Or at least I won't be posting with any regularity like before. First, I may change department and I may go back to a 9-to-5, Monday to Friday schedule, if so, I will have alot less time to post during the day. And in the evenings, I've got other things to do.

Another reason is that my wife might be expecting...well a new member in the family. If that is the case (not confirmed yet at this point), I will have no time posting as I will have to be a father.

We'll see how things go.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 14-04-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Where do you think you fit into this escalation ladder?

Are you completely innocent of trolling and baiting?

Well I'm not saying I am completely innocent of baiting and trolling, but I do seem to do it alot less now (at least in this incarnation) than before. Besides, the usual suspects seem to do a lot more of that, but they seem to get off scot-free without any kind of consequences. That has been my main bone of contention all this time.

I think you've nailed the problem down ... far too much spare time and GeoExpat has become an easy distraction.

You'll find that with less time / distractions, the signal to noise ratio may go up and the perceived trolling / baiting will go down.

Mat, Fiona in HKG and bookblogger like this.

Well I'm not saying I am completely innocent of baiting and trolling, but I do seem to do it alot less now (at least in this incarnation) than before
    Yes, it is less.. far fewer posts being reported....

But .. seriously .. clam down. If the worst thing that happens to you in your day is a ban or a post being deleted, your day is far better than most other people on the planet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast