Nice Mambo -> VB Integration

Closed Thread

Nice Mambo -> VB Integration

I actually noticed your integration after I registered, and I have to say it's really stellar backend work.

I just picked up mambo yesterday and am trying to integrate it with the site. Getting mambo to do CSS is a pain (xmambo is currently not an option yet) and I've already edited the php to kill some tables. Unfortunately some leeway is needed and I am already delving into custom component making. Mambo's registration is a bit lacking and since I've known vbulletin since its earliest implementations I now would have love to migrate it with Mambo wrapping it.

Anyways, unlike you I probably couldn't ever release my hack to the community or mamboforge since it won't be documented very well, and yours is professionally coded. Mine would most likely be tweaked with shortcuts.

If anyone is curious about my website (it's quite a mess as I'm halfway through the styling) take a look via my profile.

It's not made to be browser compatible, something that I strangely veered from despite my past craze for it (I nearly installed Linux just to test it).

Instead it's just to look good on IE and Firefox. Tables still need to be stripped from the main content as that is what is breaking the footer from sticking to the bottom.

Hopefully after my mambo installation is customized more I will be able to work on a template that validates all throughout. But for now I enjoy the fact I'm getting a rather different, customized CSS template that isn't broken completely by mambo.

Obviously your site is an inspiration

Last edited by Corapanther; 17-04-2005 at 12:50 AM.

Forget about validation if you're using Mambo. They've done a poor job seperatating the presentation layers from the data / code.

Desperate

I am getting desperate to get Mambo integrated with my vB forum. I'd also like to add PhotoPost as well. The gallery components with Mambo are nothing compared to PP.

Anyway, are you the bbpixel integration people? Something else?

This is exactly what I want.

Sorry, our code is not available. Have no desire to deal with support issues and people's complaints.