• 4 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By civil_servant
  • 2 Post By jmbf
  • 3 Post By Skyhook
  • 2 Post By HowardCoombs

Anger

Anger

Reading a lot of insults being thrown around and name calling over the past few days on the threads.

Yes, I know this is Geo and its a given any long thread will descend into some usual light banter, but recently I'm noticing some quite personal attacks going on, more so than usual.

What gives?

Something in the air?

Mat, jmbf, imparanoic and 1 others like this.

Nothing to worry about. It's usually around the time of full moon.

Mat likes this.

It's called Dirty Hairy. I warned shri a few weeks ago that this forum will disintegrate. Lots of good discussions here while he was banned. I mean if one can just come on here, trying to discredit someone's point by calling them a Turk, you know civility has left the place.

Mat likes this.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Reading a lot of insults being thrown around and name calling over the past few days on the threads.

Yes, I know this is Geo and its a given any long thread will descend into some usual light banter, but recently I'm noticing some quite personal attacks going on, more so than usual.

What gives?

Something in the air?
    Don t think it is more than usual to be honest. Didn't really noticed. Just now had a slightly more noisy exchange w DH (which got deleted because used "fck" quite a bit I guess) because at some point it gets really tiring to see someone insisting on some points without any real data/facts/argument and just writing for the sake of writing (and then yes going on personal attack about your language skills and stuff like that you are right). Anyway, Had a good weekend - nice run and all. Btw since I have you here PIN, any new tailor to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    It's called Dirty Hairy. I warned shri a few weeks ago that this forum will disintegrate.
    DH is one, but there are far worse (IMHO) posters who have a much longer history of bad/insulting/abusive behaviour.
    shri and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    It's called Dirty Hairy. I warned shri a few weeks ago that this forum will disintegrate. Lots of good discussions here while he was banned. I mean if one can just come on here, trying to discredit someone's point by calling them a Turk, you know civility has left the place.
    I hear Thailand is looking for a new King...

You'd be perfect mate!

Then you can muzzle everybody you don't like the opinion of... And by royal decree you could ban harmless words like, Turk.

Off with their heads, eh.. Lol
    Ern, kimwy66 and DirtyHairy like this.

It was nice to see you last night Pin even if I was sozzled. Not drinking normally and then getting topped up while I was not looking is very dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Then you can muzzle everybody you don't like the opinion of... And by royal decree you could ban harmless words like, Turk.
    You can disagree nicely and politely - like Bush and Gore disagreed nicely and politely not all that long ago.
    And then you can disagree not so nicely and very impolitely - like Trump and Clinton as you witnessed today.

When there is a prick in the room stirring up shit, politeness has a tendency to take a back seat no matter how restrained polite people try to be. Its not the message, its the messenger.

Its pretty clear that there are quite a number of people (I'm included in that group) that dont agree with kimwy's viewpoints. Ask yourself why kimwy does not elicit the same type of vituperation as our resident fisherman does. The answer is as obvious as the Drumpf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-tdrPkY7w
    Natfixit and civil_servant like this.