Like Tree37Likes

Need some quiet time. Please!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just checking that I am not banned for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Guys - Need some quiet time around the forums this weekend.

(We're in the middle of a development cycle / switching servers / APIs / frameworks - more focus on that than traffic / opinions / free speech and all that shit ..)

I'm blocking some discussions (enough with the trump posts - thats reality and raving / ranting about him and anything else related to US politics is not productive at this time).

I'm also blocking a few users for the just the weekend. No time to clean up / moderate.

Those who need to vent / opinionate / pontificate -> reddit.com is seriously worth checking out, far larger audience for you.
    I feel your pain Shri. Sick to death of the Trump& Clinton& quagmire mudwrestling saga of an election that has wiped out all of my FB feed this past month. Logging off. Hope you get the chance to, too Shri. Leonard Cohen chose the right time to rest (in peace).
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    I feel your pain Shri. Sick to death of the Trump& Clinton& quagmire mudwrestling saga of an election that has wiped out all of my FB feed this past month. Logging off. Hope you get the chance to, too Shri. Leonard Cohen chose the right time to rest (in peace).
    I also feel Shri's pain. We were on the single malt until that was finished then moved onto Jack Daniel's Sinatra. That is a seriously good whiskey.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I also feel Shri's pain. We were on the single malt until that was finished then moved onto Jack Daniel's Sinatra. That is a seriously good whiskey.
    Frank Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Frank Underwood.
    He is American but a Texan ex oil rig boss who has worked everywhere in the world.

My first taste of Sinatra, after the Scotch single malt the first impression was slightly rough but boy the after taste is sublime. Very expensive but worth it if you love your whisk(e)y.

Your Texan mate has superb taste in upper shelf liqueur ie the Jack Daniels Sinatra Centenary 100 proof centenary Tennessee whisky. which is around $500USD a bottle.

I quite like their Gentlemen Jack range ( really easy to drink ) and their single barrel select Tennesee whisky. which is an awesome drop too.

Must be a massive departure from drinking San Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Your Texan mate has superb taste in upper shelf liqueur ie the Jack Daniels Sinatra Centenary 100 proof centenary Tennessee whisky. which is around $500USD a bottle.

I quite like their Gentlemen Jack range ( really easy to drink ) and their single barrel select Tennesee whisky. which is an awesome drop too.

Must be a massive departure from drinking San Miguel
    He has a bigger selection of booze than most bars. He has nine different JDs for example. I have yet to ask for something he does not have - red and white ports, various liquers. Served with a selection of cheeses and pates. Only trouble is it is very hard to leave without being pissed, "try this and this and this....". Luckily it is only a hundred yards or so to my house. Dream friend
    Skyhook and chuckster007 like this.

Back on topic, while you're at it, there's a date sorting issue when searching for some particular item/post.

Search results aren't date sorted (even when selecting the Sort by date option), which renders it a little unusable.

Can post a screenshot if you guys wish.

Btw, should this have been a separate post? (Didn't want to interrupt the quiet time) :P

Last edited by Apjace; 12-11-2016 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Clarification

@Apjace can you email the screenshot to [email protected]. So we don't end up chasing two different things, Thanks. .

@shri-do you think that we could have a little "quiet time" introduced on a daily basis?

For example "quietening" certain posters between the hours of 9am and 6pm weekdays.

Last edited by shri; 13-11-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: I get it .. but no point... :)