Like Tree9Likes

App / usability questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

App / usability questions.

@pin @Mat @TigerSun you guys are still using the mobile app right? Which views do you guys use the most (Unread, Timeline, Participated, etc...)? Would you prefer more of a feed type of view?

East_coast likes this.

I used to only use the mobile app, every time I restored the app was still on my account and I could download it again, but since last restore its gone.

Timeline was difficult to navigate and I tend to stick with Unread and Participated. That way I can track threads I replied to, and see new threads pop up without missing them.

GeoTommy and Skyhook like this.

Same for me Unread and Participated, never use timeline.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    @pin @Mat @TigerSun you guys are still using the mobile app right? Which views do you guys use the most (Unread, Timeline, Participated, etc...)? Would you prefer more of a feed type of view?
    unread and participated

Unread and subscribed.

I do go into browse, esp when posting new threads.

messages seems to be broken though.

would be good to see liked count.

Haven't used app for a long time - shortly after you guys said it was unsupported. Agree with proplus: particiated first followed by unread. Feed as in snippets?... prefer the full course. Been fine with the web version on ipad but dislike having to login everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    Feed as in snippets?... prefer the full course.
    "Feed" or "Latest" would show all the newest posts by timestamp (maybe the first ~150 characters, number of replies and likes), regardless of you having read the thread or not.
    This view would be easier to find certain recent posts as with the "Unread" view, you would not be able to find something you've read in the past hour/day since it disappears from the list as soon as you read it.

Unread and subscribed. Never found anything else useful. I use it all the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    "Feed" or "Latest" would show all the newest posts by timestamp (maybe the first ~150 characters, number of replies and likes), regardless of you having read the thread or not.
    This view would be easier to find certain recent posts as with the "Unread" view, you would not be able to find something you've read in the past hour/day since it disappears from the list as soon as you read it.
    Thinking of relaunching the app?

I'm happy to try anything, especially any changes to the navigation.
    I find I tend to read Geo like a newspaper, rather than a twitter type feed.

Compressed snippets work better with professionally written articles where key statements are made in first few sentences and then expanded on. Forum posters don't have those writing skills, but I guess its still better than just a headline.
    GeoTommy likes this.

I would like the option to resize the fonts when you read it. I prefer small fonts, fits more on the screen.

That is if you guys are thinking of releasing a new app.....

shri likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast