Like Tree1Likes

Space Error in Quick Reply!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Space Error in Quick Reply!

When typing a quick reply with quote, space bar doesn't work and words appear in one block, only till I have to separate them by the left/right arrows.
    Issue doesn't exist when just replying without quote.

I have the same problem but it's intermittent.

I have had the same problem for about 3 weeks now, but:
    1. only in Chrome (IE and Edge no issue)
    2. like merchantms the problem is intermittent (but occurs most of the time)
    3. the space bar does works when I reply starting right after [QUOTE] rather that the line below

Yes, same problem, intermittent, only google chrome.

Also, have scrolling issues but only google chrome.
    Now using Edge until they sort this.

Known Chrome bug. If you are using the "Full WYSIWYG Editor" while quoting and you press the "enter" key first, then the spacebar should work.

The spacebar won't be affected if you're using the "Standard Editor" in your General Settings. So try switching to that if you're on the "Full WYSIWYG Editor".

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    Also, have scrolling issues but only google chrome.
    This one is new to me. Could you explain further? Do you have any extensions installed that might affect scrolling?
    TigerSun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    The spacebar won't be affected if you're using the "Standard Editor" in your General Settings. So try switching to that if you're on the "Full WYSIWYG Editor".
    seems to have solved the problem, thanks

Known Chrome bug. If you are using the "Full WYSIWYG Editor" while quoting and you press the "enter" key first, then the spacebar should work.

This one is new to me. Could you explain further? Do you have any extensions installed that might affect scrolling?
    You're the man!

Sorry, not suggesting its a Geo issue.

I have a Win10 - problem is when using google chrome:

When I start to scroll, (some sites are worse than others), the wait wheel starts to spin and scrolling is momentarily suspended. Sometimes after the wait stops, the page arrives too far down and I have to scroll up (repeating the wait - wonder where it will arrive game). Very frustrating.

I have googled this and it seems to be a known GC issue. Unfortunately the only touted solution I can find does not work for me: go to GC dev tools and disable 'smooth scrolling'.

Have only a couple extensions and tested them, they're not the cause.

Anyways, back to Edge... no problems there. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    When I start to scroll, (some sites are worse than others), the wait wheel starts to spin and scrolling is momentarily suspended. Sometimes after the wait stops, the page arrives too far down and I have to scroll up (repeating the wait - wonder where it it arrive game). Very frustrating.
    This is the extension I use for Chrome and all the step-size, animation, acceleration settings become adjustable:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jidfmibcpneigj

See if that works for you. But scrolling works fine for you in Edge, then it can't be your mouse?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast