Sites Back Up ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sites Back Up ....

Sorry about the interruptions.

We had some unusual problems with our connection. End result was HGC had to put a new cable in from our office to their router.

Hopefully this is the last of the connectivity problems we've had on Fridays.

Now you know what drives me to alcohol.

I'm off to the pub!

Phew - I've been shaky all day unable to get on (or maybe that was my cold/fever..... who knows!)

Indeed - I had to take the afternoon off work and go down the pub!

It's still not quite right .... I was loading blank pages a few minutes ago and the "new topics" is showing old stuff.. but I guess you will iron out the wrinkles after a few beers!

This forum sure goes down a lot!

We've been dealing with some instability one piece at a time.

I think we've got the final piece nailed down .. but then, lets see how it behaves for the next two weeks.

I have to concur - I can't remember when any of the other half a dozen or so forums that I frequent went down for a significant period in an unscheduled way; Geo does it at least once a month it seems. Is HGC really up to the reviews it has been getting?

PDLM - Way I look at it. Everyone cocks up now and then. Their customer service is top notch so far.

All I can say is, we're on the final straw. One more breakdown like today's and a couple of weeks ago, and we're switching.

I sure don't appreciate being called out of the pub and into the office at 10PM on a Friday!

Problem is with some of the special equipment we have now, its not going to be possible to co-locate. We'll need reliable bandwidth delivered to the door.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 07-11-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    PDLM - Way I look at it. Everyone cocks up now and then. Their customer service is top notch so far.
    Problem is with some of the special equipment we have now, its not going to be possible to co-locate. We'll need reliable bandwidth delivered to the door.
    and everytime I try to goodnaturedly raz PDML about his snip thread -it goes haywire and tells me to reregister-no fun....

More New Topics thing is broken again. Same symptom as yesterday - the list presented doesn't change, the post count doesn't increment, but new posts are there when you click through.

EDIT: Actually now I'm not sure - perhaps it's just that the process is running less than instantaneously - it seems to be OK a few minutes later.

Last edited by PDLM; 08-11-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast