Like Tree7Likes

Classified scams (dealt with)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    First clue is the buyer immediately accepting the price offered. No one ever does that!
    I've sold quite a lot of things recently on Geoexpat classifieds. Not one successful (i.e. completed the transaction) buyer haggled. However, without exception, everyone who tried to beat down the price failed to follow up.

YMMV!

[QUOTE=flameproof;3515416]Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...]

This scam sounds to me like they had set up a fake paypal so when you create your new account you provide your credit card details which are then stolen and used.

sneaky sneaky - the ever evolving scam

[QUOTE=SannyJ;3515423]

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...]

This scam sounds to me like they had set up a fake paypal so when you create your new account you provide your credit card details which are then stolen and used.

sneaky sneaky - the ever evolving scam
    That sounds quite plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...
    It's not just some old furniture we want to offload though, these are collector's items.... apart from that, there was some rather obvious pishing going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2