Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By TigerSun
  • 1 Post By Trebor
  • 3 Post By bdw

ABOUT THIS WEBSITE, haven't logged in for some YEARS

ABOUT THIS WEBSITE, haven't logged in for some YEARS

Hello! gosh, i'm still receiving emails questions from posts that i contributed 5 years ago! I havne't logged on in years, and so forgotten my password, etc.

I have a question for those who have been on this site for a looong time. About 10 years ago (? or maybe it was 7-8) i could have sworn that when i found this forum it covered ASIA, not just hong kong. However, now it is JUST hk? Can someone clarify? I am asking as i may be staying in Taiwan for 3 months for back therapy. For awhile i had forgotten the name of THIS website, so i coudln't get access it!! (old age, what can i say)....so now that i'm back i see NO other forums for the rest of Asia. Can someone provide a forum that covers Taiwan ?

Glad i was able to help a dozen or so of the folks who personally reached out to me for help as they tried to get their ID and home return permits.

Happy March!

Pretty sure we have never had a Forum section specifically for Taiwan. But for Taiwan and the rest of SE Asia, related topics would typically be started under the "Travel Forum" or the "Moving to / from Hong Kong" sections.

there is a another forum not associated with this one called forumosa
    it's been around for a loooooong time

https://tw.forumosa.com/categories

Many years ago (2005-2008ish?) the site was experimenting with many different subforums that included Beijing, Macau, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Tokyo, Dubai, Seoul etc.

nivantj and SpeakCantonese like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    Many years ago (2005-2008ish?) the site was experimenting with many different subforums that included Beijing, Macau, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Tokyo, Dubai, Seoul etc.
    And if i recall correctly, initially some traction on Shanghai/Shenzhen related subforums/domains along with that tech related domain (cant recall name)..

I AM aging, but i am pretty certain back then, they had a DROP down menu with selections of different cities in Asia. I am pretty certain because at the time i had referred this website to friends and also i had a family member relocate and told him about it.
    @tiger -yes, it was prior ...possibly closer to 2011, as now next to my post it indicates that 's when i registered. Good to know.

This site completely got revamped since i haven't logged on in some years. In fact, i had to scan around for a few minutes in order to find where to post a question, as it's changed abit. Personally, i think the older version was much more user-friendly.

ok, thanks y'all.....i'll try to pop in on occasion...i had not come back for many years, hence i haven't been active here.

Last edited by SushiLover; 16-03-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo

yes there were. and it was really 10+ years ago. ask the resident chub shri...

You might be thinking of Asiaexpat (am I allowed to type that on here?)

emx likes this.

bdw

Yes there definitely were different websites in the past and there used to be a drop down box to select city, but they were shut down a while ago. The web links for these sites still exist but they just redirect to this main site.

For example, Taiwan:
    http://taipei.geoexpat.com

Tokyo:
    http://tokyo.geoexpat.com

etc......

I hear @shri is too busy drinking these days to maintain all these sites