Like Tree22Likes

Question on racism

I know that you are trying to be helpful, and appreciate it. It is truly shocking that you were criticised for condemning paedophilia. The administrator should be held responsible for not deleting unacceptable content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette J W

To be racist, you have to show discrimination against people of other races. I did not do that so you cannot call me racist. It is quite simple. You can argue on and it will mean little to me.
    I am happy to admit my reply was harsh but if you don't think your comment had discriminatory tones then I guess that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    It was I agree. But I have a bias of not respecting arguments that say all XXXX is inately superiour to all YYYY. Generalisms like this looks like an 'ism' to me.

The poster doubled down and said I can't be a racist as my relative who is XXXX race says I am not. Made me chuckle which is probably a wrong reaction.
    I never said anything was superior to anything else. I have seen a lot of generalisations on here but you only 'attack' a few.

If you

. . . are offended by reactions to your posts
    . . . seek ground rules for engagement
    . . . want clear definitions of concepts that all posters adhere to
    . . . want moderators to punish posters you find offensive

Then maybe the interwebs isn't for you. Or at least this corner of it.

I never said anything was superior to anything else. I have seen a lot of generalisations on here but you only 'attack' a few.
    Generalisms are usually ok as indicates a skewing of something or other. Absolute generalism sound like an 'ism' to me. But that maybe just me.

I will apologize for saying your post sounded like racist drivel as you clearly do not think it could be misconstrued in that way in any way, shape or form.

It is interesting to see that some posters set out to be offensive as though it is the norm in society. They hide behind the computer making comments which most would be too scared to say to someone’s face. If moderators allow bullying, then there should be consequences.

It is interesting to see that some posters set out to be offensive as though it is the norm in society. They hide behind the computer making comments which most would be too scared to say to someone’s face. If moderators allow bullying, then there should be consequences.
    Again I apologize for calling your post racist drivel. That is how I read it but I am possibly wrong. I still do not like absolute generalisms especially when people talk about race. If you did not make an absolute generalism referencing race then there really is nothing to get upset about.
    Last edited by East_coast; 03-11-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Generalisms are usually ok as indicates a skewing of something or other. Absolute generalism sound like an 'ism' to me. But that maybe just me.

I will apologize for saying your post sounded like racist drivel as you clearly do not think it could be misconstrued in that way in any way, shape or form.
    Please do not pretend to apologise. I know that you are being sarcastic.

Oh dear
    Yes. Oh dear.

Bloody hell Bernadette get down off that high horse. By the way Speak Cantonese has been banned many many times, coming back each time as a new poster. He is immediately recognised by his vitriolic attacks on Muslims and gets banned again.

This forum is incredibly helpful and useful. There are many stupid arguments and a lot of personality clashes but ignore those.

As an educator and an expert on learning you will know that part of learning is reflection. Was there nothing in the post that started this all that you would in hindsight reword?

elmaldito, TheBrit, Nep and 2 others like this.