Like Tree22Likes

Question on racism

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question on racism

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a racist is “a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.” I am still wondering, and of course, take issue with the fact that I was called a racist by several members on this forum regarding a comment I made about education in England, when I am English. If I had made a derogatory comment about for example French people (which, of course, I would never do as my furieux cousins in France would never invite me there for Christmas again), I would have expected that reaction. Can anyone, especially those who “got off the boat many years ago,” explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette J W:
    According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a racist is “a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.”
    Here are the forum rules:

You're only allowed to be racist towards 'Mainlanders' / 'locals' / and 'Brits.' (white Brits.) and (for some reason) that's not racism.

Race, on this forum, includes any group (not limited to races) that the loudest members perceive as being oppressed, or something.

I am not being tongue in cheek.

If you want to stay on the forum, drop it, move on, and stick to safe topics.
    orel100x likes this.

Everything is racist these days, so who cares? It's lost it's meaning a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Here are the forum rules:

You're only allowed to be racist towards 'Mainlanders' / 'locals' / and 'Brits.' (white Brits.) and (for some reason) that's not racism.

Race, on this forum, includes any group (not limited to races) that the loudest members perceive as being oppressed, or something.

I am not being tongue in cheek.

If you want to stay on the forum, drop it, move on, and stick to safe topics.
    Thank you for your advice and I think that you mean well. However, I do not mind if I am deleted from the site after seeing some of the older members' responses.

If you are only allowed to be "racist towards 'Mainlanders' / 'locals' / and 'Brits.' (white Brits.) and (for some reason) that's not racism," then this is totally unacceptable. Who is the administrator and why would they allow something like this?

I shall definitely not "drop it, move on, and stick to safe topics." Please remember I was defamed as a racist on a public form by several members. On most forums, people who make racist comments about Chinese people and even British people like myself should be the ones to be deleted.

Once again. Thank you for your concern.

Maybe for you but not for many of us.

I stated your comment looked like racist drivel.

As I read it it stated all of racial Group X has a superior trait over racial group Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette J W:
    Thank you for your advice and I think that you mean well. However, I do not mind if I am deleted from the site after seeing some of the older members' responses.

If you are only allowed to be "racist towards 'Mainlanders' / 'locals' / and 'Brits.' (white Brits.) and (for some reason) that's not racism," then this is totally unacceptable. Who is the administrator and why would they allow something like this?

I shall definitely not "drop it, move on, and stick to safe topics." Please remember I was defamed as a racist on a public form by several members. On most forums, people who make racist comments about Chinese people and even British people like myself should be the ones to be deleted.

Once again. Thank you for your concern.
    I wish you the best of luck. I have been called a racist on these boards for criticising a religion by an SJW who defends paedophilia and who thinks an advert showing a black man being washed until he turns into handsome Chinese man isn't racist... But I'm the bad guy, he's the good guy. You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

This site has it's uses... it's not worth being completely cut off in my opinion. You're not going to change anyone's minds... that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

As I read it it stated all of racial Group X has a superior trait over racial group Y.
    I don't know man... I just had a look back at the post in question... I think your response is kind of over the top.

Bernadette J W and Golem like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    I don't know man... I just had a look back at the post in question... I think your response is kind of over the top.

It was I agree. But I have a bias of not respecting arguments that say all XXXX is inately superiour to all YYYY. Generalisms like this looks like an 'ism' to me.

The poster doubled down and said I can't be a racist as my relative who is XXXX race says I am not. Made me chuckle which is probably a wrong reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

To be racist, you have to show discrimination against people of other races. I did not do that so you cannot call me racist. It is quite simple. You can argue on and it will mean little to me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast