Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Weekend GXP traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    It's not rocking like it once used to, hey. 10 or so years ago this forum really was pretty visceral.

Majority of that active group of posters that used to make it an exciting place, seemed to have moved on or got banned.lol The forums have transformed into a bit of a wet cardigan, these days.... not as much diversity now? which is a shame. Or maybe the new generations of expat just can't be arsed, it's just not their thing?

It is nice to remember when some topics attracted a much larger number of regular posters,on GEO and how much more passionate, if not, just plain silly it was and the almighty arguments lol

Oh well, times change
    You mean the poster who turned every thread into pages full of "This message is hidden because XXXX is on your ignore list."?
    shri and jgl like this.

I think you'll find who's left has more likely shooed most of the potential new regs away, who probably don't like being school teachered or jumped on by the cliqueyness *wink*. Don't you think?
    I've often wondered who is in this clique - everyone seems to hate everyone else equally

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I've often wondered who is in this clique - everyone seems to hate everyone else equally
    Oh there are cliques, the red/green dot reputation feature that GEO had around a decade ago It REALLY highlighted them.. Most of them gone....

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    You mean the poster who turned every thread into pages full of "This message is hidden because XXXX is on your ignore list."?
    Do TELL lol there have been a few.

That used to happen a bit 10 to 15 years ago.. They were pretty anxsy back then. The forums are a mere shadow of what they were once..

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Surely Reddit gets the young expats
    The HongKong subreddit is junk, hardly any conversation at all.

That used to happen a bit 10 to 15 years ago.. They were pretty anxsy back then. The forums are a mere shadow of what they were once..
    I'm certain this is a deliberate strategy by our illustrious editor to have less stress in his increasing age
    But seriously, who needs the aggro and the constant bickering ? Are you seriously suggesting that it was better then?
    shri likes this.

bdw

Weekend traffic of all expat sites tend to be lower than weekday traffic because expats tend to have active family/social lives and do fuck all at work. Nothing new here.

I demand (on behalf of Easty) bar chart showing no. of threads closed/ per year as benchmark to compare different era.. (e.g. Average lifespan of moderately active user on Geo to be counted as number of years in an era).. #MoveThreadtoAntiProductivityForums

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    I'm certain this is a deliberate strategy by our illustrious editor to have less stress in his increasing age
    But seriously, who needs the aggro and the constant bickering ? Are you seriously suggesting that it was better then?
    It was more fun!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    It was more fun!
    1) Not for the gang who had to administer and mop up the spews on a regular basis....

2) I wholeheartedly disagree that it was "fun". It was acidic, lively, at times crass and definitely off putting for many newcomers.
    One thing I will never forget from those days : whenever someone came in with any type of a mental health issue and was looking for guidance & direction ; there was always the resident smartass ready with the "you could just get a grip" comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2