Like Tree8Likes

Weekend GXP traffic

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,510

    Weekend GXP traffic

    The extreme drop off in site traffic leads me to believe GXP members are either extremely dedicated to weekend family time or they spend a lot of time surfing at work during the week.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    26,606
    Quote Originally Posted by huja
    The extreme drop off in site traffic leads me to believe GXP members are either extremely dedicated to weekend family time or they spend a lot of time surfing at work during the week.
    A little bit of both.

    Its a clear shift in demographics from 15 years ago.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,777

    Huja

    How are you measuring site traffic?


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    A little bit of both.
    I'm at work now and normally when I post
    Its a clear shift in demographics from 15 years ago.
    How was it different 15 years ago ?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    Huja

    How are you measuring site traffic?
    I should have been more specific. There are far fewer posts on the weekend. Seemingly single-digit posts sometimes.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,911

    It's not rocking like it once used to, hey. 10 or so years ago this forum really was pretty visceral.

    Majority of that active group of posters that used to make it an exciting place, seemed to have moved on or got banned.lol The forums have transformed into a bit of a wet cardigan, these days.... not as much diversity now? which is a shame. Or maybe the new generations of expat just can't be arsed, it's just not their thing?

    It is nice to remember when some topics attracted a much larger number of regular posters,on GEO and how much more passionate, if not, just plain silly it was and the almighty arguments lol

    Oh well, times change

    Last edited by Skyhook; 24-02-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    19,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    It's not rocking like it once used to, hey. 10 or so years ago this forum really was pretty visceral.

    Majority of that active group of posters that used to make it an exciting place, seemed to have moved on or got banned.lol The forums have transformed into a bit of a wet cardigan, these days.... not as much diversity now? which is a shame. Or maybe the new generations of expat just can't be arsed, it's just not their thing?

    It is nice to remember when some topics attracted a much larger number of regular posters,on GEO and how much more passionate, if not, just plain silly it was and the almighty arguments lol

    Oh well, times change
    You have to wonder if the silly arguments put off the 'normal' expats. Having said that I know another expat site that does not allow any political discussion, almost dead as a site.

    The percentage of regulars on here who no longer live in HK is much higher now.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,118

    Surely Reddit gets the young expats


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,911
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    You have to wonder if the silly arguments put off the 'normal' expats. Having said that I know another expat site that does not allow any political discussion, almost dead as a site.

    The percentage of regulars on here who no longer live in HK is much higher now.
    I think you'll find who's left has more likely shooed most of the potential new regs away, who probably don't like being school teachered or jumped on by the cliqueyness *wink*. Don't you think?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    3,642

    partly also the mix of people coming to hk has changed ?

    Skyhook likes this.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast