What does this message mean?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What does this message mean?

Sometimes I see a thread in the list on the right and click on it and get this:

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you have not clicked on the URL that was emailed to you, when you registered, you need to activate your login -- this is a security measure designed to ensure that you really do own the email address that was used during registration. Click here to resend the email activation code to your registered email. If you've registered with an invalid email address, edit your profile here.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

Why? Other threads are fine.

I got that message on a thread last week...I assumed it was a technical error...

My guess would be that it was Spam that is in the process of being deleted.

Or possibly it's a thread in one of the private forums?

The two threads I get it on are the two chistian sounding ones on the list - I was wondering if:
    1) they know I'm atheist and have blocked me from viewing/reading their thread because I might add rude comments
    2) these are weirdo's and Admin is in the middle of deleting the thread and I just got caught in the middle

EDIT: from PDLM's response perhaps it was religious spam....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The two threads I get it on are the two chistian sounding ones on the list - I was wondering if:
    1) they know I'm atheist and have blocked me from viewing/reading their thread because I might add rude comments
    2) these are weirdo's and Admin is in the middle of deleting the thread and I just got caught in the middle

I would guess then you don't have access to private groups and this is the blocking mechanism

They are all threads from the "Christians in Hong Kong" group. Apparently it is invite only. The group should be called "Evangelical/born-again Christians in Hong Kong".

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

yep i can't access those threads either...

Yes - the "Christian Music" thread for example is inaccessible except to members of that group.

I do find it interesting that the Delusionists feel the need to lock the rationalists out, whereas the rationalists' forum is open to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Yes - the "Christian Music" thread for example is inaccessible except to members of that group.

I do find it interesting that the Delusionists feel the need to lock the rationalists out, whereas the rationalists' forum is open to anyone.
    Yup wheres the Christian Charity in that?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:

To make it an abuse free (rather than argument free) zone is the simple answer. Don't worry you would find it all very boring.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast