Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Twitter links -- driving me a bit mad

Closed Thread

Twitter links -- driving me a bit mad

@shri on my phone using geo through a browser I can preview Twitter links, but on a desktop it does not show any preview. Is this a setting I have with Chrome that is preventing this?

Generally, I find it kind of irritating that people are just posting Twitter links without any commentary, as I feel the forums are not a place not just for copying and pasting links but general discussion, too. @Mattieutofu could you please consider writing even just one sentence to say what your links are about and why you're sharing them? It's very difficult to read without a preview to click on them to read one or two sentences posted on twitter, then switch back to the geo tab. Why are you sharing it? What's it's relevance? Please let us know. We can access Twitter ourselves, but are coming for geo for something different. Or could you please consider copying and pasting the text of the Twitter post as part of your post for easier and faster reading? There are far too many links to click on each one, but I do find the English translation/sharing helpful for understanding more to the story.

If you can take a screenshot and email me I might get a better idea.

I'm exclusively a chrome user - both on my phone and desktop and don't have any problems or don't have any unusual permissions.

- Do you use your desktop at work or some place where twitter might be blocked? Or do you have some additional proxy / addons which prevent you from using twitter and other social media on your desktop?
    - How about say links to newspapers like the SCMP etc, do you see previews?
    - Do you see previews of links to facebook and youtube?

Last edited by shri; 24-07-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Done.

Appears to be a problem on my end with Chrome (not Firefox).

Still, want to make the point that commentary is still helpful.

For sure, some snark or a quick observation is always worth 10x more than a link.

Elegiaque likes this.