Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By GreenCatalonia

GeoExpat Classifieds - Some Maintenance / Updates

GeoExpat Classifieds - Some Maintenance / Updates

We have had to do some maintenance on the classifieds. A fair few ads (over 1000+) have been removed / deleted from the system.

Here's why:

- About a 100 or so sellers were relisting old products (clothing / widgets / furniture) for well over a year. Not new ads, but simply relisting old ads. These have been removed with the view - if it has not sold in a year, it is clutter which should probably be given away / recycled or listed on a different platform. The clutter was taking up valuable real estate on the main listing pages.

- About 20-30 sellers seemed to have nothing but "junk" on their listings. These listings have been removed.

Both these types of ads and users add little value to the classifieds eco-system for genuine buyers who are looking for new listings from our sellers.

- Some qualitative checks were done. We accept that some products take some time to sell and as long as they were not listed by users who have a number of mass listings, we have kept them.

Feel free to add your ads back - with the caveat that some additional and manual spot checks will be done to prevent "spam".

The clean up is ongoing and will take another day or two to complete.

If you have had any paid ads removed - this is accidental. Send us an email on [email protected] with your payment record or ad ID and we will fix this for you.

Last edited by shri; 29-11-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    TigerSun likes this.

Thumbs down "" . A fair few ads (over 1000+) have been removed / deleted from the system.""

Personally, I wouldn't find this so bad (from my own Point of View) - but there's little enough chance to get my adverts displayed elsewhere, Wellcome has all but removed their "Customer Advert" boards from all but Repulse Bay & Stanley Plaza & that meant a HUGE loss to display time & P&S completely disappeared from all but Disco Bay ages ago - and that last one vanished many months ago with its "refurbishments".

And as I don't like the "Lucifwer" owners of the opposition website, & NOW - to have a number of my adz removed willy-nilly is a blow to my wife & I.

As I said to Shri, I'm ancient and probably on my last legs, it is essential to relieve the task of clearing my pile of electronic devices before I "Turn up my toes" - and it ain't helped by Geoexpat wowsers who "say" that they want an item, but then mess me around - and, I suppose - countless other sellers - by NOT turning up when they say that they will !

I do "the decent thing" if I have to withdraw from buying something - I DO tell the seller!!

So, please Shri /Master, I know it's "your" board, but DO - pray - have more than a little concern for your "free" advertisers !!

With almost no other locations to use, it is hard to advertise stuff if your "free" location is "Blown out of the water" !! (and mine were - for the most part - aimed at the impecunious Filipina community who want to get something cheaply for their children - back home - Now for X'mas & the CNY!

Go and take the smaller stuff to apliu st and the guys on the street will buy them.

Simple

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Go and take the smaller stuff to apliu st and the guys on the street will buy them.

Simple
    "As I said to Shri, I'm ancient [79] and probably on my last legs" ---> so I don't get around easily, and only the smaller items for buyers who, I calculate, would turn up at a local meeting point can be carried by myself.

So jimbo, it ain't easy to tout my things around Aplui Street <---- and not speaking the "local lingo" ---> I'm pretty well "Stuffed" or should that be - would be "Stiffed"?

Life gets more difficult as old age gets to one!!

TigerSun likes this.