Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Duplicate email from Geoexpat?

Duplicate email from Geoexpat?

Any ideas why I'm getting duplicate emails from geo?

Both emails only have an inbox label and the same timestamp.

If I go to Inbox only, there is only one email. But if I go to all inbox, there are duplicate emails.

Edit: Just found one is labelled as personal and one as notification. How to remedy this?

Can you forward both to [email protected] ?

Can you also make sure that the basic headers (receipent email address) /subject lines are in that email?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Can you forward both to [email protected] ?

Can you also make sure that the basic headers (receipent email address) /subject lines are in that email?
    Okay, done.

I do get some go to my primary inbox and some to my updates. Never really checked to see if they are the same or not.

I do know there is an intermittent issue - never been a "problem", so I'm not using marketing speak here!

Related to "locking an activity" while doing bulk emails.

Sometimes... just some times the process that handles our bulk email takes some time to complete - before it completes, another process is fired and does not check for performance reasons if the first one was completed.

Happens during severe loads, usually email sends complete in under 200ms on our server/Amazon's email delivery. If due to a heavy load or some network congestion they do not complete in 1 second, another process is fired...

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Any ideas why I'm getting duplicate emails from geo?

Both emails only have an inbox label and the same timestamp.

If I go to Inbox only, there is only one email. But if I go to all inbox, there are duplicate emails.

Edit: Just found one is labelled as personal and one as notification. How to remedy this?
    You bother read it?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I do know there is an intermittent issue - never been a "problem", so I'm not using marketing speak here!

Related to "locking an activity" while doing bulk emails.

Sometimes... just some times the process that handles our bulk email takes some time to complete - before it completes, another process is fired and does not check for performance reasons if the first one was completed.

Happens during severe loads, usually email sends complete in under 200ms on our server/Amazon's email delivery. If due to a heavy load or some network congestion they do not complete in 1 second, another process is fired...
    Thanks for the clarification.