Like Tree7Likes

Problems with GeoExpat Website

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Seem to be getting this a lot lately. Didn't Amazon suffer issues in China way back?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Seem to be getting this a lot lately. Didn't Amazon suffer issues in China way back?
    Not only that, but it sometimes takes an age to increment just ONE page in the narrative!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    Not only that, but it sometimes takes an age to increment just ONE page in the narrative!
    Its all that extra font / formatting that you put in your posts.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Too much to handle for a PHP shop. We understand.

Angry

Shri - I call your response as Bullshit!

I'd print it out in red, but you removed that option years ago - when - let it be known, this delayed GX response was NOWHERE to be seen.

And as for using "BOLD" script - with the ancient eyes that I have - I NEED that "boost" to read my postings after I've sent it off!

Are you sure that the AX bar stewards are NOT trying to diminish your website down to their levels of interest?

I notice it is fast if not logged in - otherwise s l o w.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    Shri - I call your response as Bullshit!

I'd print it out in red, but you removed that option years ago - when - let it be known, this delayed GX response was NOWHERE to be seen.

And as for using "BOLD" script - with the ancient eyes that I have - I NEED that "boost" to read my postings after I've sent it off!

Are you sure that the AX bar stewards are NOT trying to diminish your website down to their levels of interest?

The smiley face at the end of Shri's post is a clue it was a joke
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Is there a reason?

Sometimes a PTA to browse the gossip of HK

Database Error Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.

The saga has shifted track this morning when I went to look at a comment on my previous message.

After inputting this message - I went back to peruse the personal message, but it was nowhere to be found!

Last edited by GreenCatalonia; 27-09-2020 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Additional info

Does look like the problem has been mitigated (not resolved) by placing a firewall rule related to some HK based activity.

Found a suspicious amount of activity coming from HK ranges which ended up putting an extremely heavy load on our front end server.

Please start a new thread if you see any unusually slow behavior.

(And no conspiracy theories on my end. I'm happy that it was not self destructive code written by me!)