We should stop playing "Reputation" game

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I thought we lifted it (along with another poster who was complaining a few weeks ago). Let me check.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The OP is fairly new to Geoexpat. Isn't it a little too earlier to have had one's cage so rattled?

Been here a long time and never have I been so put off posting than when this reputation system was introduced. I never gave a second thought until once I went into the control panel to change my preferences and saw the green and red blobs. It infuriates me that someone can leave highly critical and derogatory remarks with anonymity. Recently I was forced to do the same because I was so frustrated at a comment and took a wild guess at who could have left it. Where does that get me? Nowhere. This is a discussion forum and the reputation system bypasses that. Get rid of it or reveal the names.

Sense an uprising here. Is the Supreme Leader going to release the Basij upon us?

>> Get rid of it or reveal the names.

Not going to happen.

Its a good Friday thread, but beyond all of that, the personal feedback we get -- and generally what we see in the backend, its all worth it.

In general, when abuse has been reported via [email protected] - reputation posters who have abused the anonymity have been put on rep-bans. Also, we do have a system where people who give out bad rep more than good reps are also prevented from abusing. Infact so are the people who start rep-mafias by signing positive reps with their names and leaving bad reps anonymously.

So ... back to the point, sorry, the rep system is in place and is not going anywhere.

There is one more rating which we're putting in either this weekend or next - "thank the poster". That *might* start affecting the green... or it might not.

Last edited by shri; 10-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Get rid of it or reveal the names.

Not going to happen.
    Yeah like I was surprised to hear that.

Martial law has been declared and the uprising repressed

Dying here btw, aircon broken and with a window wall facing the sun I am slowly melting. Three engineers working on it but no quick fix they say.

Get the fans on and leave the freezer door open.

hullexile - hope you don't have servers in our office. We lost a few drives over a long weekend due to the heat ... pity they did not contain the reputation tables.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Dying here btw, aircon broken and with a window wall facing the sun I am slowly melting. Three engineers working on it but no quick fix they say.
    Show them the colour of money and they might work a bit faster

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast