Latest Messages

Closed Thread

Question Latest Messages

This does not seem to be working in a consistent manner.

If I click this at around 9 a.m. I can see messages posted since 9 p.m. the previous night but if I click on it at 11 a.m. I only see messages posted in the last few hours.

Help me understand how this works?

From what I can see, "Latest Messages" seems to be the same as the "Latest Forum Topics" excluding the stickies.

And the threads which have comments within the last few hours?

Is the server located in HK? Perhaps it's running on a different timezone?

If you've not logged in for 12+ hours, it shows you all the messages in the last 24 hours (I think... I've not looked at the code).

If you've logged in recently, it shows the threads that have been updated since the last time you logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    If you've not logged in for 12+ hours, it shows you all the messages in the last 24 hours.
    OK I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    If you've logged in recently, it shows the threads that have been updated since the last time you logged in.
    Now you've lost me. I logged in this morning at work and it has been over 12 hours since I last logged in (at work) so a click on Latest Messages shows me new messages since last evening - good.
    A couple of hours later I click it again and the list is reduced to just those posted since I logged in - but I haven't had a chance to read all those postings from last night - any room for improvement here?