A couple of problems

Closed Thread

A couple of problems

In some forums the reply form has two "Submit Reply" buttons instead of one "Submit Reply" and one "Preview".
    (And even submitting this post I get two "Submit New Thread" buttons - no preview)

And the "add link" button only seems to allow me to add one link per post. I can get round that by manually entering the [url="...] etc but it's a bit of a pain in the neck. Is this a deliberate anti-linkspam feature?

PDLM - Were you logged into Facebook when you saw two Submit buttons?

same for me....
    but...i noticed that if you look at "additional options"...below there is 2 more buttons with correct submit / preview reply.

No - I never log into Facebook from this computer. Moreover I have all the Facebook stuff on the page Adblocked (along with the geoclicks script, the ame script (whatever that is), and the google-analytics).

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I see the double Submit buttons after clicking on the "Post Reply" button, not with the Quick Reply. This is not through Facebook.

Many "Submit Reply" buttons

Are three "Submit Reply" buttons normal? I've seen that when replying to two different forums. I was not logged on to facebook at the time.

Can we please get a 'delete post' button for yourt own post. Why isnt this possible? Every other forum I can why not this one?

Quote Originally Posted by pandabearest:
    Can we please get a 'delete post' button for yourt own post. Why isnt this possible? Every other forum I can why not this one?
    I think that could be abused a bit. You have ten minutes or so to edit or blank out your post. I think this is done so people don't write inflammatory things then go back and erase them. If you ask Shri and his team to erase a post, they generally do.

I'll relook at the submit button issue. Thought we'd solved it.

With regards to the delete post issue - we have a number of issues with those. What dropdedfred said is one of them.

Record keeping is another. If someone says something which causes legal problems, we need to be in control of the post, not the poster.

I'm not going to go into the various drama queen issues we have to deal with ...

I always maintain - don't say anything you don't want repeated and don't say anything that you'd not say in front of your colleagues, family and friends. Follow those rules and you'll generally never need to delete anything.