Like Tree27Likes

red blobs

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

If you have a look back through the sort of posts I make most of them are not too serious they are mainly of the lighthearted or even sarcastic nature. I am aim to try and bring some humour and laughter to discussions. This may offend or please people in equal measure, however the blobbing can help me keep track of when I may be crossing a line.

If I get a flurry of red blobs then I know I went too far. If I get equal amounts of both then that is probably good as the post has sparked a difference of opinion among the readers. All green is very rare and I don't think has ever happened.

As a note I have only ever red-blobbed someone for blatant trolling once, a few for nonsensical "first!" posts and one for an act of uncalled for racism. Everything else is fine by me. Share and enjoy

Oh and I always sign my red blobs when I do them.

Last edited by HKonelegger; 27-11-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The rep function keeps things in check...
    yes, there's no telling what kind of hell would break loose if there were no computerized rep function.

I need it to discipline myself to be a better person. God help me, I will make it some day!

Quote Originally Posted by HKonelegger:
    I am aim to try and bring some humour and laughter to discussions. This may offend or please people in equal measure...
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 28-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.

I have never said anything bad or negative on here can someone tell me how this red blob thing works?

Quote Originally Posted by dannycat:
    I have never said anything bad or negative on here can someone tell me how this red blob thing works?
    No. It's gone.

Sorry I did a search and found the information I needed

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    No. It's gone.
    You were always complaining about people giving you red blob and now you are complaining that it's gone ? Women

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    You were always complaining about people giving you red blob and now you are complaining that it's gone ? Women
    I was complaining about SPECIFIC instances, I was not one of those complaining about the "red blob system" in general. Quite different. While I think the previous system could have been improved, deleting it altogether has left us with no way of expressing anything negative .. and while in an ideal world we would all be happy bunnies, the world is not idea and not being able to express it is really annoying!

Negative feedback in response to a post can be made in the thread itself. The biggest complaints about red blobs are the fact that they are anonymous.

In the absence of the red blob (with that, the lack of anonymity), negative feedback is still possible, but without the verbal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    While I think the previous system could have been improved, deleting it altogether has left us with no way of expressing anything negative .. and while in an ideal world we would all be happy bunnies, the world is not idea and not being able to express it is really annoying!
    thats true because at the moment certain posters seem to be even more obnoxious than usual becuase they know that they have temporary immunity from being red blobbed.