Like Tree66Likes

Thank You!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thank You!

We've just added a "Thank You" function to the posts which I think will, in the long term, replace the current reputation system.

It is simple... if you like a post, thank someone. If you don't like a post.. either report it or respond on the forums.

The thank yous will be public and will add to a users reputation. However, it will prevent users with high reputations from playing games, as no negative points will be given out.

Lets see how this works...

One of those things I need to test before we go live with our new version (in March... hopefully...)

Thank you Shri...group hug

Rob2020 and Football16 like this.

Should have added - negative reputations have been disabled while we test this.

gunsnroses and Eddy Mundo like this.

Personally I will miss the negative reps - there are some posts that just deserve a negative rep (rarely in the 'normal' course of a thread, just the really weirdo's that just scream "I am an idiot give me a red blob"!)

Rob2020, HKChigger, elle and 2 others like this.

surely the thanks button image is a placeholder for a better image? i dont mean to make fun of anyones tastes or skills, but it is just creaming "win 98"

btw...do we get notified to see when and where people thanked us?

Finally no more thread about red blob

>> creaming "win 98"

I cream, you scream, go eat some ice cream.

Since red-blobbing will be out of the picture, there should probably be a passive-aggressive "Thanks.." button with a on it.

Whilst I didn't like the games, I did find the negative rep option handy for tagging people who had a habit of posting factually incorrect assertions. The problem now is, someone has to spot each occurrence and post a follow up to correct it and the reader no longer has a hint from a line of red blobs to regard the post with scepticism.

Oh, and I'm not sure about the terminology.

Posts can be Useful or Informative (whether useful or not) or people might just use it to say "I agree". Unless there is a consistent protocol I don't see this system as very useful.

Last edited by PDLM; 27-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast