GeoExpat Mentors Group

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Me Too

I would also like to come to the meeting. I have worked in a HK trade company for 2 years so I might also be able to contribute.

Very good!

Thank you KnowItAll for doing all this!

Where do you want us to meet?It would be nice to go to a place where the music isn't too loud. Maybe even, go to someone's meeting office, and have a number of people do a little presentation (informal) about their area of specialization and how they can help others, or have every one bring in some tips and ideas to share, have a "moderator" etc...

I think that having a "plan" of the evening would help,you know be organized, so we cover a number of topics in a certain order... anyway just to make sure we actually know what we are meeting for, and we get the most out of this meeting!

What do you think?

Katia

Last edited by GeoExKat; 18-02-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Willing and able...

Please count me in! I think its a great idea.

I'd be happy to share my experiences with anyone interested.

Most of my experience is centred around around people development, mentoring and helping prosessionals achieve their goals...

That said, my recent experience has been in Business Development, strategy and now I'm working in marketing for the asia region of a US multinational.

Please let me know how I can contribute, and of course learn from the other members out there.

Great initiative, hope it takes off...

Hello. It has been a while since I log on geoexpat because of being busy. I like the idea of a mentor group. ALso, I am happijoijoi

Since I am quite young, it's a treat to listen to other epxerienced professionals. I am very interested in trading, merchandising, china, and other related item. Please put me on the list.

Basically, I'll listen to anything so I can sponge up all those good info to my brain.

Thanks and great idea!

I finally made it to HK two days ago, and it certainly wouldn't have been such smooth sailing without all the help from you guys.

Now I am searching for something to do I would love to find a mentor to soak up as much info as possible...it's a fab idea!

Hope to see you soon

Elle

Welcome to HK, I'll see if I can arrange something for next week, Gives you a bit of time to relax etc.

Talking I am there

If a logistics person can contribute some help please let me know. As a patron i will be there.

Ok .. will have an update early next week with a venue -- for a second week of march meeting.

@knowitall

Please add my name to your list :-)

Several years experience with ebay and china trading.

dox

Lightbulb Clear GOALS and OBJECTIVES

Hi -

I think that there should be clear GOAL and OBJECTIVES for such a knowledge sharing opportunity/experience.

The g&o's can focus on a number of areas and people can pick which areas they prefer.

Such as:
    Financial Planning and Investing
    Career Growth
    Personal Growth
    Trading (Inporting and Exporting)/ Sourcing
    Travelling

Identifiying concrete areas maybe useful.

Just a thought