GeoExpat Mentors Group

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

GeoExpat Mentors Group

Inspired by this awesome thread.

Many of you folks who have met us know that the vision behind this site was to create a genuine community of sorts.. not just a forum where people can bitch and moan about their mundane lives, but a forum where people can form connections.

To take this to the next level, I am considering forming a mentors group.

The goal would be to bring like minded people who have "been there and done that" and more importantly do not feel insecure about sharing tips and providing pointers together with people who want to "go there and do that".

The format of a mentors meeting would be simple and informal. We can meet in a relatively quiet / private place for a drink or a dinner .. and share tips, validate ideas and brainstorm.

We can additionally create private forum areas within this site, where people who have met can continue chatting online.

I expect this will take a few weeks to work out.... and the first step is to identify individuals who are open to being mentors. We'd need people in the PR, Marketing, Advertising, Job Hunting, Internet areas to volunteer to participate....

Once we have identified a key group of people, I expect we should be able to schedule a once a month type meeting.

What do you think?

Will this work?

Are you interested in being involved?

Yes I am of course!
    Put me on your list !

Katia

Me too.

I'm definately interested and am slowly but surely picking up lots of information gained from a lot of sources which I am more than happy to share with others.

I will be meeting a couple of people involved in the trade show industry and also the ecommerce / ebay areas over the next week ... should get some good folks on board by end of month.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Yes, but as a mentee for starters. A very good idea!

Gr8 IDea

KIA Itz Agr8 Idea ...i am in for it ...Have been Away for a while but am game for it ...Just Shoot What ever is rwequired

Ricky -- Ok .. counting on you for some gems.

Ok, have confirmation that the CEO of a new trade show company will be happy to join and share tips about how to negotiate trade shows, how to find suppliers etc.

Still trying to get InvestHK and lawyer who is involved in the M&A area to commit to joining our dinner session.

Might get the GM of eBay Hong Kong involved too... if one of my bonehead friends agrees to help.

Would you be interested in having someone from Google on the team?

They're not going to share search engine secrets.. but will be very open to sharing how their advertising program works and how you can optimize it etc ..

Yes definitely (to google)! And a great idea generally.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast