What do bankers and finance professionals read?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sino Defender:
    nor am i working in anything that has to do with language.
    You have a job that doesn't involve writing or emailing anything, ever? That must be a very strange job.

hmm, well, hedge fund managers are quite arrogant in that sense. but at the same time, if one doesn't keep themselves aware of what are the problems in the market, then it would be time before they realized they are too far out to catch up the development.

the FoHFs are finding clients getting picky these days on the risk weighting and risk assignment of their fund. it will trigger down to the individual hedge funds soon.

8-) no caps = hard to read ? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    hmm, well, hedge fund managers are quite arrogant in that sense. but at the same time, if one doesn't keep themselves aware of what are the problems in the market, then it would be time before they realized they are too far out to catch up the development.

the FoHFs are finding clients getting picky these days on the risk weighting and risk assignment of their fund. it will trigger down to the individual hedge funds soon.

8-) no caps = hard to read ? hehe
    that's going to be the trend. hedge funds are either being acquired or washed out.

but the good ones are always gonna be there doing what they have been doing until the day that they blow up and burn.

i am glad that i work for a large hedge fund owned by a large bank.

plus, the fohfs are regulated and registered with the sec, but the hedge funds they invest in are often not and do not absolutely have to answer their clients' questions.
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 24-08-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You have a job that doesn't involve writing or emailing anything, ever? That must be a very strange job.
    believe it or not, for internal usage (not the very important ones of course), you can pretty much get away with it.

mind telling me a little about yourself?

I'm just the resident pedant...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    For heaven's sake! Is this national no capitals day or something? If you want people to actually take notice of what you write it would help enormously if you could take the trouble to write properly!
    just a note tho. you might want to consider adding a "," between 'If you want people to actually take notice of what you write' and 'it would help enormously if you could take the trouble to write properly' if you want to write preperly!
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 24-08-2006 at 03:05 PM.

Time to move on ..

>>people can understand you just as well.

Unfortunately not... people tend to speed read and PrOpeR USAge of CAps helps.