MPF - Mandatory Provident Fund

MPF - Mandatory Provident Fund

After working in Hong Kong for a few years, I just noticed that there is a good amount of $$ in my MPF account which I almost forgot. I guess I can't really get my money out until the day I retire. Is there a good way to keep track of my MPF portfolio? And what's the best way to get good returns on my MPF funds?

Suggestions are welcome, thanks!

No, if you are leaving you can get it back. Though, a couple of posters say that once you return you can't get an MPF fund. Can't remember who it was but mentioned that take most out, leave a bit in there just in case you return.

If you are leaving HK you can take the money from your MPF fund, but only ever once. If you do come back and work again you will have to join an MPF fund again but cannot withdraw if you leave HK again.

you should at least consolidate your accounts (i assume you have multiple) into a good preserved one which you can track online.

yes. if you are leaving hk for good, you can take all the money out.

oh. a colleague told me a new site that you can compare the mpf funds and get some reports. my colleague even told me you can create a portfolio for yourself. i didn't sign up but the basic page looks okay. well, i don't bother much with mpf anyway.
    www.mpf123.com