Like Tree5Likes

Financial-ish

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

hope she comes back (assuming she is a she)

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    That's what threw me, why did the word "financial" even get used? let alone putting the add in that category!
    Because it might be her Financial future thats in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Because it might be her Financial future thats in doubt.
    And her personal description is relevant to that?

Edit: there's a rude answer which could be made, please don't!

It's clear from the OP that she wants out of this relationship, and like many people I have known of in a situation like this will want to meet someone, test the waters and, if all seems well, finally cut and run.

I think the title 'Financial-ish' was intended to disguise the OP's motive, lest shri deletes the post and directs the OP to the personals section.

lipstick likes this.

perfect height for me but u sound a bit high maintenance plus if your bf cheated on you then i suspect your non financial services properly aint that good either.

This can be read a few ways.

1. The personal description is not relevant.

2. Possibly someone here might be attracted to this fine lady at 5 ' 5" and American bred and then they can meet to have a chat and see if she wants to get back at him by having a fling herself. But first she sounds like she has to be convinced to do such a thing which might involve dinner and drinks unless it is old style dating and agreed that it is NSND. (I learned that from a single assistant NSND - No Sex No Dinner!

3. Financial - does she want to sue him for breach of promise or for division of assets given a breakdown of the formerly blissful relationship now that said fiancee has been unfaithful.

On the issue of breach of promise. It might not even be relevant here as the flinging fiancee might still want to marry her but the offended OP does not so this would be muddy even if possible.

I checked Wiki (OP should check with a lawyer which I am not) and found this for Hong Kong which may be correct or not:

Whilst in Hong Kong, similar to the situation in England, engagements to marry are not enforceable at law by legislation. Damages for distress caused and reliance on the breach of promise are claimable, if the Plaintiff suffers the sufficiently serious consequences in light of the specific circumstances, for instance in Cheung Suk Man v So Shek Keung [1965] HKLR 485.
    A first read of a possibly erroneous piece on Wiki suggests that suing for breach of promise in and of itself is not possible in HK.

On the breakdown of a cohabitation situation in HK I know nothing. In other countries a partner (opposite sex or same) would be entitled to damages in some circumstances such as if one person gave up a career or potential for a career to care for the family home, etc and thus now was on the streets with limited prospects vs someone with a good job and career. If this person moved from the US and gave up a top job and now is unemployed etc that helps a settlement.

But if the two have been living as partners even if there might be some financial recourse for her upon the break up I am not sure of the rules in HK.

The OP then needs legal advice if it is about getting compensation for damages.

There is another issue when it comes to breakdown of relationships if you are American and that is if you can the issue in a court where 50/50 in dissolution is the norm (New York for example) and certainly Canada.
    Last edited by Football16; 14-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.

The personal link at the top costs money I think. Posting here is free.

OP
    What can you bring to the table?

(I learned that from a single assistant NSND - No Sex No Dinner! )

cute and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    OP
    What can you bring to the table?
    tush?

(10)