Like Tree9Likes

Buying BitCoins from Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

ANXBTC - 118 Connaught Road West, G/F, Shop 11C, Sai Ying Pun

Just came in via email, Hong Kong's first Bitcoin ATM, probably coming to a Starbucks near your office soon.

This Bitcoin ATM is as simple as a vending machine, it's an easy way to turn cash into Bitcoin and avoids additional costs and other risks. The process of converting cash to Bitcoin takes only 15 seconds!

For those of you who are in Hong Kong, we would like to invite you to come and celebrate the launch of our Bitcoin ATM on Friday March 14 from 9am to 6pm at ANX Wanchai Headquarters

Any idea how it works? I don't see any scanner there to scan your wallet address. I doubt they expect you to type it in yourself ? There's also no credit card logos anywhere ?

That big square hole on the right is the scanner. there's a glass and a mirror, you basically put your phone with a QR code in front, or a paper with QR code if you want.

Once you have bought your bitcoins from this machine what do you do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Once you have bought your bitcoins from this machine what do you do with them?
    Silk Road.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

I'll keep a couple of coins for the kids, imagine they grow up and find out their father was clever or stupid enough to put a few Bitcoins on the side for them.

Apart from that, I used it recently to buy servers from Overstock.com saving 1.5% or 2% on credit card and currency exchange fee. I hear Zynga is accepting them, Tiger Direct (server stuff again) and lots of others.

And I don't like banks and their outdated system ripping me off, simple as that. I welcome Bitcoin and other crypto currencies with open arms.

A few pics are up at : https://www.facebook.com/MrBingHK

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Silk Road.
    har har!, how about Mt Gox ?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5