Like Tree4Likes

Cheap notary/commissioner of oaths in Admiralty area?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cheap notary/commissioner of oaths in Admiralty area?

I need to get a bunch of documents "certified as a true copy" in the Admiralty area. While they allow many different types of people to do it, (doctors, dentists, accountants all sorts really) I don't know many of them and I guess I just need to pay money and do it commercially - so - any idea how much this costs? They just have to sign "This is a true copy of the original as supplied to me".

(And annoyingly I think I forgot my passport so I'll have to wait until Monday anyway! Grrr).

You can buy a 'true copy' stamp in a stationary shop

After being fed up with people asking for true copies of meaningless documents (and while I could give them the original to make a copy themselves), I saw one of these chops in a stationary shop by coincidence. I bought it and never had to run after and pay for a true copy ever again. Still proud to this day of this achievement.

Last edited by 100LL; 03-02-2012 at 09:46 AM.

They have to sign though with their name and address etc in case the APEC people need to contact them and question it.

I signed and used my own name and address. Never had a problem, really.

Edit: Actually the address was not really needed if I am not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I signed and used my own name and address. Never had a problem, really.

Edit: Actually the address was not really needed if I am not wrong.
    I can hardly use my own name and address when it's for an application in my own name ... that would be rather obvious!

But I just checked - you are right - no address needed.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 03-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Well, then go and pay for somebody else to make your copy. I personally figured it saves me a lot of time and at the end of the day I am making a true copy of the original, I have nothing to be afraid of.

That's the one I am talking about:
    K-STAMPER KE-C17, CERTIFIED TRUE COPY--Product information--Stationery Supplies Centre | Stationery Service Centre Limited | Stationery Express

A signature somewhere near the chop will normally suffice, without name and address, from my experience anyway (and I've used it with banks, governments, etc). You could also ask your colleague on the desk next to yours if you don't want to do it yourself

The rules say that it has to say "This is a true copy of the original as supplied to me" - not anything else. Since it's going to cost me about AUD350 to apply, I don't want to lose my money on a technicality! The Australian government is usually pretty anal.

Fair enough, especially if it's only once. I had to use it a few times per year (within HK) and usually for business, not personal stuff. And it really saved me a lot of hassle. Again, nobody ever complained. And now that I don't run my own business I am not worried about these things any longer.

Isn't there a true copy service at the high court? Or the Aussie consulate?

Last edited by 100LL; 03-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.

OATHS

Home Affairs Department - Public Services - Public Enquiry Service - Services Provided
    Commissioner of Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I need to get a bunch of documents "certified as a true copy" in the Admiralty area. While they allow many different types of people to do it, (doctors, dentists, accountants all sorts really) I don't know many of them and I guess I just need to pay money and do it commercially - so - any idea how much this costs? They just have to sign "This is a true copy of the original as supplied to me".

(And annoyingly I think I forgot my passport so I'll have to wait until Monday anyway! Grrr).

You want me to certify the documents for you?

However, you will have to make your way to central.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast