Business Mixers

Closed Thread

Thumbs up Business Mixers

Guys, any recommendation of business networking mixers we can attend? Or if not, let's organize one!! :-)

What sort of mixer you looking for?

I for one am not too hyped about the speed business card "dating" thing ... prefer a more relaxed casual thing - just meet people.

There's an artsy group .. a techies group ... I think we need a bankers and lawyers group going (no clue if they get along .. )

P.S. If all goes well .. happy hour on the 19th of September.

I have to concur with KIA on this too, the general consesnsus among expats is to enjoy their social time, leaving the business persona at the office. Generally, your networking success is greatly increased when the pretense of business is removed, and if people know what you do via chit chat activities, they will approach you when a friendship bond is developed, if what you do is something that they need... Many a conversation killer to mention work during social groups, especially amongst the long term established expats who live here... You will get a pretty unfavourable reaction if your topic is work related, instead of the usual rugby 7's or Premiere League banter that goes on.

Depends where you live I suppose, some expat area's are more cliquey than others and if you live in the NT/Lantau/Lamma/Shek O, work isnt going to be a favourite topic of discussion after work hours...Talking shop during social outings, is something the local male population does, from what I have observed.Very Ho Moon arh ..

knowitall, can recommend an artist networking group? I need to meet some local artists... thanks a lot!!