Hong Kong Tax Return Consultant?

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Tax Return Consultant?

Hi,
    Has anyone used a consultant to assist with HK individual tax return, and how much did they charge? I struggle to understand these things. Situation: Married, salaried, mortgage, wife has minor income from small business. I can't understand issues like splitting mortgage interest deduction, personal assessments etc. If I can get a professional who doesn't charge too much it will save me a lot of time.

Cheers,
    GM

Gazzman : its fairly simple to figure out .. have you read the guides that Inland Revenue has on their site?

its quite easy to fill out. just follow the instructions and you should be right. I thought of getting a tax agent in the first yr in HK but turned out it was easier than I originally thought.

Here is the link to a simple tax computation program developed by the IRD, very easy to use..
    http://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/ese/ind_stc.htm

Hi Gazzman,

I use a tax consultant for both my business and personal taxes. He's very good and not to expensive.

PM me and I can send his details.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzman:
    Hi,
    Has anyone used a consultant to assist with HK individual tax return, and how much did they charge? I struggle to understand these things. Situation: Married, salaried, mortgage, wife has minor income from small business. I can't understand issues like splitting mortgage interest deduction, personal assessments etc. If I can get a professional who doesn't charge too much it will save me a lot of time.

Cheers,
    GM