MPF Move

Closed Thread

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

MPF Move

Has anyone done this yet? Contemplating it? Wading through the options?

I'm still wading...

Not really worth it, I think.

It only covers your voluntary contributions, so your employer contributions still stay with your employers MPF provider of choice. You can only do it once a year and when you do do it, you lose a month (i.e. when the transfer takes place it will take a month).

In any case it seems all the providers are pretty much as crap as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    In any case it seems all the providers are pretty much as crap as each other.
    No, the one my employer chose is pretty much the crappiest so it's really for damage control. I'm not expecting great returns, just want to lessen the haemorrhaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    No, the one my employer chose is pretty much the crappiest so it's really for damage control. I'm not expecting great returns, just want to lessen the haemorrhaging.
    Can you name the provider you are with at present and the one you are looking to move to?

For info I'm with Manulife.

your best bet is to sue the government. Ask them to abort the program.
    I assume MPF has been enforced on the working class by Big Finance with the help of politicians, just like the pension schemes in some western nations.

pin, don't want to mention it on the forum but it only has a handful of funds, heavily into equities and one "guaranteed fund" which "will never be less than 0%..." Safer under the mattress.

Haven't settled on another provider. Going through the Lipper performance table, and others, to start to narrow down the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    your best bet is to sue the government. Ask them to abort the program.
    I assume MPF has been enforced on the working class by Big Finance with the help of politicians, just like the pension schemes in some western nations.
    Because left to their own devices people do such a great job on their own of saving for their retirement...