Like Tree1Likes

Finding entrepreneurs in Hong Kong, new or established

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finding entrepreneurs in Hong Kong, new or established

How do I identify, find and connect with English speaking entrepreneurs in Hong Kong.

I'm looking for small companies willing to do things outside the norm with regard to a more customized and personal selling service.

The concept I'm working with is fairly straight forward. Find partners in Hong Kong who can help me find high quality low cost products for my individual clients here in Canada. It would be like a shopping service but done internationally, in a streamlined way where the customer here doesn't need do a thing other than pick it up or have it delivered to his/her home.

Any comments, ideas or suggestions are welecomed.

Steve (Ste Anne, MB, Canada)

why are you looking in hk and not mainland china?

Last edited by carang; 17-01-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Hello
    Because I'm not looking to deal with mfg and container loads. Need a partner with access to many types of products.

high quality low cost
    Good luck with that.

God, I can just imagine his PM box now....

Good day Sir,

Our company is being in export business in the high quality good.
    We can be helping you very good.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by sdenaultca:
    How do I identify, find and connect with English speaking entrepreneurs in Hong Kong.

I'm looking for small companies willing to do things outside the norm with regard to a more customized and personal selling service.

The concept I'm working with is fairly straight forward. Find partners in Hong Kong who can help me find high quality low cost products for my individual clients here in Canada. It would be like a shopping service but done internationally, in a streamlined way where the customer here doesn't need do a thing other than pick it up or have it delivered to his/her home.

Any comments, ideas or suggestions are welecomed.

Steve (Ste Anne, MB, Canada)
    Here's the thing...

Most western companies that buy stuff from China already have buying offices in Hong Kong; they are everywhere here.

If you go to China and buy very small quantities of products there is no margin, especially not after the Hong Kong guy's cut/transport and your cut.

The business you propose is not easy, it's hard. Literally millions of people are already doing this business and they are working on paper thin margins - paper thin, like 2%-5% in some cases, it's staggering!

How are you going to manage the very real risks; quality/fakes/lead times/theft/insurance?

Apart from that, I say go for it and good luck!

alibaba.com

TEN meets monthly. Lots of entrepreneurs there:
    http://www.ten.org.hk/au.php

Also Web Wednesday (check them out on FB) holds regular meetings and lots there too.

virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Here's the thing...

Most western companies that buy stuff from China already have buying offices in Hong Kong; they are everywhere here.

If you go to China and buy very small quantities of products there is no margin, especially not after the Hong Kong guy's cut/transport and your cut.

The business you propose is not easy, it's hard. Literally millions of people are already doing this business and they are working on paper thin margins - paper thin, like 2%-5% in some cases, it's staggering!

How are you going to manage the very real risks; quality/fakes/lead times/theft/insurance?

Apart from that, I say go for it and good luck!
    It's okay. Really depends on his relation with his existing individual clients and how big they are. Not unachievable if he's got the relation, but only criticism is it's yet another exploitation business.

Exploiting the fact that the 'entrepreneur' here gets no fixed pay to cut his loss. Exploiting the fact that goods get maneuvered to get a cut.

Out of the few I heard recently, this has way more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    It's okay. Really depends on his relation with his existing individual clients and how big they are. Not unachievable if he's got the relation, but only criticism is it's yet another exploitation business.

Exploiting the fact that the 'entrepreneur' here gets no fixed pay to cut his loss. Exploiting the fact that goods get maneuvered to get a cut.

Out of the few I heard recently, this has way more potential.
    What are you talking about?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast