Difficult times for all - the sequel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Boris - What he said was if you have an account with Bear, your money is safe. He's not talking about the stock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyGc_rlF8aA]YouTube - Jim Cramer back-pedals after Bear Stearns Collapse[/ame]

The money in the accounts is ok ... well ... we think.

On the Alibaba thing.
    Is HKeX allowing IPO capital raised to be shown as Income Profit ?
    Seems a bit " grey " that. Love someone to comment on such accounting practices.

The Jim Cramer thing - Just taught me not to treat TDS as real news . B'stard got me good !!

On today in Toyland
    Fed drops 3/4% - Yippee . HSBC drops PRIME by 1/2% -- Yip
    Then lowers the Mortgage discount from -2.75 to -2.5 . So you and me get 1/3rd benefit ( 1/4% ) from the Fed drop - Y ?

All together -- " because we can ".

Lots of offspring who's parents weren't married, walking round Central at the moment.

And then there is the 300 ton gorilla called Microsoft.

Alibaba seeks buyers for Yahoo-owned stake: source | Reuters

Whilst on the subject of Microsoft.
    UpdateF1 >> Formula 1 News > Ferrari blame ECU

My prediction was true -- Its a conspiracy !!

Can someone with a modicum of sense tell me why the market recovery lasted less than 24hrs.

Rate drops, liquidity infusions, old boy bale outs and fire sales YET -- the market tanked again today and big style.

Hole is the new black or what !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Can someone with a modicum of sense tell me why the market recovery lasted less than 24hrs.

Rate drops, liquidity infusions, old boy bale outs and fire sales YET -- the market tanked again today and big style.

Hole is the new black or what !!!
    Hong Kong Markets never make perfect sense. The stock market tested 21,000 again, and once it breaks through 20,000 it will keep going down - until it gets to ~15,000. The levels of 06.

The gains from start of 07, until start of 08, have essentially been wiped out. Look for other HK markets like real estate to start reacting soon enough.

Expect the US markets to keep a bearish heading, while the China markets finally correcting themselves. This will, of course, impact Hong Kong.

China's benchmark Shanghai Composite Index was down 6.5 percent to 3,516
    The Associated Press: Shanghai Index Down More Than 6 Percent

Hong Kong's blue chip Hang Seng index fell 4.4 percent to 20,896.14 after the market opened Thursday.
    Last edited by tvrlover; 20-03-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Here we go again ?????

I read this today and nearly chocked on my coffee
    Investment Firms Tap Fed for Billions: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

" Investment houses can put up a range of collateral, including investment-grade mortgage backed securities. "

I thought this was the root of the evil, but not if your a good old boy?

If only it was that easy to get n down to your high st bank and take out a loan.

It is mind boggling to us mere mortals doing "normal" business every day that that the rules of good practice do not apply to the " good old boys".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast