small scale garment manufacturer

Closed Thread

small scale garment manufacturer

Looking to set up a stall at the fairs. I have some womens clothing, I need tailored at a resonable price. could some one recommend either a small scale manufacturer or tailor in hongkong or shenzen. I an working with linen and 100% cotton womens clothing. thankyou

I take it that you mean trade fairs?
    If thats the case you are doing thing the wrong way based on the way you have phrased the post.

If your getting into the garment business you had better have something pretty unique and WELL COSTED. In which case you need to have sorted out your manufacturing and work with their sample makers ( having made sure you have some sort of trust ) and work out the best places that can produce for you. Not all
    factories are the same and 99% are cut and sew. If you don't know what that means you are in DEEP POO.

Its a very competitive trade business with the main players very large organisations indeed - who have world wide manufacture due to quota restrictions.

If I was going to get into this business and had unique design talents and an understanding of what is needed both in manufacturing skills and materials sourcing in Asia then I would shop around some of the smaller garment trading companies and work something out with them. They have after all everything in place so its pretty much a turnkey operation which allows you only to concentrate on the designing.

Then and only then would I turn my attention to the HK fashion week (s) fairs. HKTDC are your main point of contact for this and their team are very skilled and helpfull.

I would love to know how to find a "small scale" garment factory !! I don't think they exist in China !! I feel lucky to find one willing to take a minimum order of 500 pieces per style per color. It's a big leap from a local tailor shop to 500 pieces !! However, you might find one to make some samples for you if you pay 5-10 times cost and promise a full container order in the near future !!

>> I take it that you mean trade fairs?

I think they mean the various christmas fairs and bazaars around town.

No, I do not mean the trade fairs I meant the stalls at the bazaars,and the likes of the pokfulam and conrad fairs.Has anyone set up a stall at these fairs I would appreciate some help,with my line of clothing.

Last edited by synoah; 02-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.

I do a lot of promotional clothing for clients and getting 50 of something made is very difficult and only possible for us occasionally because we have a large turnover.
    The Philippines would actually be a better place for smaller quantities via tailors but I wouldn't know where to start with that.
    I can only offer you www.chinacreating.com as they sometimes do smaller jobs like company uniforms. Good luck.
    I don't know if the tailors in Chungking Mansions would be worth approaching- wily businessmen those Asian sub-continentals and may try and find a solution for you.

Thankyou for the info lammarite ,will give them a call.

merchandiser

Hello I am a freelance merchandiser, and I can help you source fabrics and organize small quantity manufacturing such as 500 in Shenzhen. I am based in both Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
    Please email me if you're still interested.
    Thank you
    Christina Lau

my email is: [email protected]

Last edited by christingarment; 04-02-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander Bundt:
    I would love to know how to find a "small scale" garment factory !!
    They are everywhere, often many workers leave the larger factories to setup in their own home or start a mini-business in the home town. Often they do contract work for the small to medium size factories when they run short of employees or have a bump in orders to fulfil.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    They are everywhere, often many workers leave the larger factories to setup in their own home or start a mini-business in the home town. Often they do contract work for the small to medium size factories when they run short of employees or have a bump in orders to fulfil.
    I would love to know how to find these people!
    Any leads would be greatly appreciated.