Like Tree3Likes

Looking for a ghost writer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a ghost writer

I m helping my boss to find a ghostwriter.

She's a successful business woman in HK and she would like to have her own book. Also she may also be interested to start her own column on some websites / blogs...

She has a very high standard and must need very good language skill and with good experience. Preferably a lady as well for better connection.

Please message me if you are interested.

She wants her own book/website/column but she wants someone else to write them for her?

I know, but it's usually for celebrities who can't spell but want to publish their life story. Having 'your own' magazine column which you want people to think you wrote but didn't is just pathetic.

jimbo and papaya like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Why? It's essentially fraud. People are led to believe that it was written by person X and it wasn't.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't believe an academic paper would or should be published if the *only* author listed didn't write the paper. But as I'm sure you're aware most academic papers are written by a number of researchers and *all* their names are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Why? It's essentially fraud. People are led to believe that it was written by person X and it wasn't.
    I'm not sure on what planet you live in but this is extremely common and it perfectly makes sense. It doesn't mean that the ideas that are put forward are not from the celebrity. They either don't have time or have the skills to put ideas to pen so that it's presentable so they use someone who does to save time and make the presentation better. Presidents/CEOs rarely write their own speeches, many business people/celebrities don't actually write their columns, authors often have teams to form/refine ideas...

It's not called fraud, it's called common sense and good business...

Some real, and bestselling authors, use ghostwriters. I've met a ghostwriter for one of the most successful authors in the thriller genre- the ghostwrter gets chapter and plot outlines, and fills it out with text.

I've read the author's stuff a couple of times, it's standard thriller fare that follows a predictable but highly successful formula. I was not all that surprised to find that someone else writes a lot of his work- the writing itself was bland enough that it was easily outsourced.

Last edited by jgl; 17-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Common, yes.
    Common sense, no.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks mobile app

Personally I don't follow the argument that something is ok as long as lots of people do it.

I also think that speeches are a different issue, as *how* they are said is as important as *what* is said.

But in the cases of books, columns etc these people are deliberately passing off someone else's work as their own, often for financial gain. I think that's wrong.

I have no issue with people delegating tasks to other people- whether because they lack the time or the skill to do it - but in those cases, both names should appear- even if one name is in small print somewhere.

It's only an argument in your head... There's a reason why it is commonly done and legal to do so. Do you see the names of all the employees that create a car? If someone has a great idea in a company, does he automatically get the credit? When you're hired by someone to create work, they own the right to what you create. It's very simple... If you think your ideas are better and they can stand on their own then you go at it alone.

What is more important in a text? The ideas that are conveyed or how they are written. If I have a great idea for a piece of furniture and I get a carpenter. You think he should get the credit for putting things together? How many pieces of furniture, clothing, electronics are actually put together by the designer?

Your little diatribe makes absolutely no sense in the real world hence the reason it doesn't practically or legally work they way you think it should.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast