Like Tree4Likes

Path To Investment Bank Jobs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Path To Investment Bank Jobs

I just graduated in California and I am moving back to hong kong this January for my aptitude test apt at KPMG. IB is where my eager is at. I have filed couple applications to investment banks such as Goldman Sachs Credit Suisse but as of now I still havent heard from one of them. My plan is well prepare the KPMG aptitude test to get a position in this firm first and meanwhile prepare for the CFA level 1 exam in June so that my resume will look more attractive to the recruiters in IBs. does it sound like a plan?

A good plan would be to first, focus on spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeChan1:
    I just graduated in California and I am moving back to hong kong this January for my aptitude test apt at KPMG. IB is where my eager is at. I have filed couple applications to investment banks such as Goldman Sachs Credit Suisse but as of now I still havent heard from one of them. My plan is well prepare the KPMG aptitude test to get a position in this firm first and meanwhile prepare for the CFA level 1 exam in June so that my resume will look more attractive to the recruiters in IBs. does it sound like a plan?
    The dudes at KPMG reading this will be pleased.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Oh dear you want to work for Goldman.
    Hope you're not thinking of $$$ only? They're called Goldman Sucks for a reason.

"IB is where my eager is at. " WTF is that about?

JoeChan1 likes this.

LOL *reads the responses* welcome to Geoexpat hahahaha
    In all seriousness.... ask people within your circle who is already in IB for their opinion.... my thoughts on IB was that you need lots of network if you're doing sales (or are you making products?), as a new returnee or ABC, you might as well go to NYC or stay in the states to develop your career in IB, IMO.

Sorry for my grammatical errors... I am used to comment in car forums in where grammar does not really matter. sorry for the hassle.

Grammar always matters!

From PCmag.com:

10 Ways Not to Be a Jerk Online

Spelling and Grammar Count
    It doesn't matter what passes for "writing" in a text message: You will be judged by your ability to communicate online. Take advantage of the tools in your word processor and write what you want to say there with all the spell-check and grammar help you can get. And read it over once before posting.

Last edited by Cwbguy; 13-12-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    LOL *reads the responses* welcome to Geoexpat hahahaha
    In all seriousness.... ask people within your circle who is already in IB for their opinion.... my thoughts on IB was that you need lots of network if you're doing sales (or are you making products?), as a new returnee or ABC, you might as well go to NYC or stay in the states to develop your career in IB, IMO.
    I have consulted my college professors and some friends who currently work in IBs. They all encouraged me to start at where I feel comfortable working. A cousin of my friend who is a seasoned analyst at Morgan Stanley, NY just explained to me the current difficulties in wall street. and he said HK would be a good start for me since the Asia market is growing at a unexpectedly fast path.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeChan1:
    Asia market is growing at a unexpectedly fast path.
    Really!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast