Qualified Chartered Accountant

Closed Thread

Qualified Chartered Accountant

Hi,

I am qualified chartered accountant from India, recently moved to HK.
    I am very disappointed with the HK Market as I am looking for a Job from last 3 months and not getting any positive response. all I am getting is wealth management which is a target based job and this is not what I would really like to do.

After all disappointment, I decided to seek some advice here on this forum.
    If any one can connect with this thread could you please guide me as what I should be doing in order to have some value in this market. I am aware that ICAI has MRA with CPA Australia but does this really helpful in getting a job. Or should I start thinking about being a house wife. Another option is US CPA but since they have made huge changes in requirement since 2012 I am not sure If I am eligible to sit for exam in any state.

Last but not the least I have got experience with Big4 and APAC region in financial services (almost 2.5 Years) If any of you can help me with there reference in respective organisation that will really be helpful for me. I am losing all my confidence !! Need some help soon !!

Regards,
    DDV

Quote Originally Posted by DDV:
    Or should I start thinking about being a house wife...
    IMHO yes that is what you should do. My wife was born in HK, PhD from UK, extensive global accounting experience and workshop facilitator for the HKICPA. She is having problems securing meaningful employment in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    IMHO yes
    Yeah !! Thats Probably the most easiest way but I really don't want to...I may not be holding alot of degrees, but whatever I have I would like to take it to the next level.

I am looking for some serious advice here, some suggestions of further studies..

Thanks But this answer was not so helpful
    Last edited by DDV; 19-03-2014 at 04:51 PM.

hi if you have already had a degree and experiences in Big4, I think your problem isn't your education. Did you get any invitation for job interview? try MNC companies, I don't think SME will consider people who don't speak Cantonese.

however if you want to get CPA qualification, you may consider ACCA or HKICPA. these two have higher credit in HK.

Honestly, it is not easy to find an accounting job in HK for foreigner as the culture differences and your knowledge about HK tax system and law as well. You need to be patient and think about your attitude when you present yourself to your potential employer. Good Luck.