Like Tree28Likes

A complaint to the Securities and Futures Commission

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

When I needed a certified copy of my passport a few years ago, it was to send to a company in the UK. I went first to a local solicitors' in the NT and they said they weren't qualified to do it. That's why I went to Central and paid $1,000.

I think the consulates can do it for a nominal fee too can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I think the consulates can do it for a nominal fee too can't they?
    '
    Perhaps some charge the nominal fee. The brits charge a whopping one.

A year ago when applying for name change, my wife was asked by it's consulate to get the marriage certificate copy certified....by the HK registry which actually issued that copy. Don't remember how much it cost to do that, but it was definitely over 100 dolla.
    I don't get it, and some lawyer can help me understand, why would you ask the issuing organisation to certify its issued copy? If the guy who's using a fake document, wouldn't he be smart enough to fake stamp/sign it as well?

I don't really understand what you're asking Guns.

A certified true copy of an original is provided to give the recipient assurances that the copy in front of him represents the original. Do obtain such a copy, the person needs to take the original to the lawyer/govt official.

You can't stop fraud, but it'd be weird for someone to fake a certified copy (since it's such an easy process). You'd more likely fake the original.

If you're an Australian citizen then the consulate in HK will do a single document (not sure if they mean page or an entire document) for AUD 30 or HKD 202. I'd imagine most other countries do somethng similar. SRVAU: Fees - Australian Consulate-General

If you work for an investment bank (and the OP clearly doesn't given the complaint about fairly standard AML and KYC stuff) then there is almost certainly a lawyer somewhere on your floor, more than likely several, some of whom will probably certify documents for you if you ask politely.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4