Like Tree6Likes

How do you contact Berlin Currency Exchange???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you contact Berlin Currency Exchange???

Hi all
    I just arrived in HK a few months back. I was looking around for competetive rates to transfer HKD to SGD and found the Berlin Currency Exchange blog. The blog is in Chinese, and the translation is quite poor. I've tried calling their number a few times but no one seems to pick up.
    Please help!!
    Thanks in advance

2523 3403

I've only used them once because I have had similar experience that they don't answer the phone. I just had to keep calling a bunch and they finally picked up

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

If you see the crazy line outside their office, you'll understand why they don't pick up their phone

shri likes this.

And at that point you have to ask yourself if the few cents on the dollar is worth the extra effort of dealing with them.

So what's wrong with the places in Chungking Mansion? That's where I go usually.

Last few trips we've done, I've either used my regular bank for the conversion - for pounds, euros, and yen - or just gone to an ATM at the airport - for Singapore dollars. The queue at Berlin isn't worth it to me anymore.

Thanks for the usefull replies everyone.

I have mentioned it before, and I will mention it again, check out this app on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.hkrate&hl=en

Berlin is normally the cheapest, but as others have pointed out, is it worth your time and effort?

I would say if what you are looking to exchange is less than HK$10k, then probably not. If its over HK$10k then it probably may be worth your time and effort.

Anything above HK$5k you can probably call up and order and therefore skip the line ups. However at the moment they are probably extremely busy dealing with the Yen.

Sai79 likes this.

I agree Chungking Mansion has lot of options and no queues. I usually go there too.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    So what's wrong with the places in Chungking Mansion? That's where I go usually.

From recent experience, some of the exchange rates in chungking mansion aren't too shabby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast